Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 25 – Someone who fascinates you and why?

There are a lot of people in my circle of friends who fascinates me. However, I am asked to only choose one. I didn't have much thought and I immediately thought of Someone. His name is Jesus.

His life is very peculiar. Most of us know the story of Jesus, right? Speaking of Jesus, I had a spiritual conversation at SFU yesterday with someone who's not a student. I was talking to him about what he thinks about God and Jesus. He told me he  had some idea of who Jesus is. He shared with me that Jesus is like a "moral teacher". I agree. He was a teacher, but He was more than a teacher.

Jesus came down to earth, and born of a virgin woman named Mary. He was very bright and had great wisdom when He's young. He was a carpenter. He was in the wilderness for 40 days being tempted by Satan. He had great teachings. He was quite controversial and lived a counter-cultural life, but He didn't sin. Crowds wanted to find opportunity to arrest Him and kill Him.

Jesus IS God, who came down into human history. He walked on earth and lived a life like us. He still sympathizes with us. He healed the sick. He healed the blind and deaf. He went to the cross and atone for our sins so that we would find forgiveness of sin in Him and be reconciled to the Father. He was buried and was raised to life. Now, He ascended into heaven. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Him.

Jesus is my Savior and Lord. It is by GRACE that I have been saved through faith. This is grace: Jesus did everything for me in which I cannot do and do not deserve. This is CRAZY! This why Jesus fascinates me! God would still love me even though I am a worthless sinner and ill-deserving of His grace and love.

His love is unconditional and powerful that it compels me to LOVE. This is love: He laid down His life for His friends...and died and shed His blood on the cross for my sins.  He suffered the wrath of God on my place. He is the whole reason why I am here today. Everything spoken in the Bible points to Jesus.

We are all sinners. We all deserve to go to hell. We all don't deserve grace and love. However, God still offers eternal life in Jesus. God still offers grace and love to us. God the Father still offered His Son as a sacrifice for our sins. Jesus substituted Himself on our place. Wow...I don't know what to say anymore.

Does Jesus resonate truth to you? Does Jesus fascinate you? Do you see that you are in desperate need of a Savior? You can also know Jesus as your Savior and Lord. You can also have this relationship with Him and get to know the living God. Without Him, then you have nothing worth living for because everything will fade and everything will become vain. You and I will die, and eternity is LONG time - depends on which two directions you are going: Road to Destruction or Road to Life.

John 1:1-5 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

I remember posting this video in this entry, but my prayer is that the character of Jesus will continue to shine and illuminate the darkness of this world because He is God and He is the purpose of why I live:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yzqTFNfeDnE]

No comments:

Post a Comment