Sunday, April 13, 2014

Immerse Program



Today, I can finally make a big announcement regarding the shift of changes in my life. My church, the pastors, elders, and deacons, called me forward and introduced me as their new staff at Oakridge Baptist Church.

What is my position? I am a Seminarian Intern. If I am a seminarian, then that means I attend a seminary. What seminary am I attending? I am attending Northwest Baptist Seminary & College. What program am I attending? The program that I am in is called the Immerse Program

In a brief description, Immerse Program is not like any program that other seminaries can offer. It is a robust-training that theologically equips students for the work of ministry and practically applies the studies within the context of the local church. I am grateful to have three highly trained/experienced/seasoned mentors who will guide and help me through this program.You can listen to the promotional video by Kent Anderson, the President of Northwest Baptist Seminary & College.

What do you hope to do after the studies? The goal and vision of this program are not simply to put books/textbooks into my brain. In their effort to pour out their strength and experience in me, they hope that I would grow in character, leadership, knowledge, experience and competency so that in the future, I would be able to pastor a local church. In short, after I graduate from the program (Lord willing), I will be well-experienced and seasoned to lead a church with the given competency that I will have. In this program, I am specializing in Lead Pastor Training.

Prayer Request 
  • I recently started this program, and it is moving quite slowly since I do not know what to do at the moment. Patience is important as I am waiting for the next instruction.
  • Please pray for wisdom, knowledge and unity for my church, pastors, mentors and leaders as they are also directly or indirectly involve with this program 
  • Pray for the Seminary and Students who are being raised up to become future leaders.
  • Even the Apostle Paul, as godly as he was, needed prayer in his ministry. Please pray for me in terms of my physical health, spiritual health and ministry.
God is very good, and I am excited for what He will be doing in the church. 

If you have any questions, then feel free to leave a comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment