Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 24 – Your favorite movie and what it’s about.

[caption id="attachment_631" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Ip Man played by Donnie Yen"][/caption]

It has nearly been a month since I posted my last entry about the "30 days challenge". Yes, I know, it has been way more than 30 days, and I failed. In any case, I still want to finish the challenge and experience a little bit of an accomplishment.

Recently, I was watching the movie called Ip Man. Main character/Protagonist is Ip Man played by Donnie Yen. Ip Man is a historical character in the early 1900s who was a martial artists that practiced a type of martial art called "Wing Chun". This movie sets up around 1930s. However, since I do not want to spoil the movie, I will briefly explain what it is all about. If you studied history, then you should know that Japan invaded China around that period (I think before or around Second World War?). Ip Man was a rich man who became a nobody when Japan conquered the place where he lived in: Fu Shan (don't know how to pronounce it). However, he never quit his gifted talent and continued to work hard both in labor and in Wing Chun to provide and protect his family and friends.

I really recommend this movie if you are into the martial arts genre. I watched a lot of martial arts movies, such as Jackie Chan and a bit of Jet Li, but I think this movie is better than all the Jackie Chan's movie I watched. Another note, Ip Man was Bruce Lee's master!!!

Check out this scene where Donnie Yen (or Ip Man) easily beat up 10 Karate black-belts:





No comments:

Post a Comment