Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 02 – Where you’d like to be in 10 years.



This year, I am 21 years old. In the next 10 years, I would be 31 years old.

As James would say on "Boasting About Tomorrow", if the Lord wills, then may He give me that opportunity to live for another 10 years, although I totally would not mind if He takes me home in less than 10 years. I go to a church with a lot of elderly people, and some have passed away while I was there. When I look at Ken Thompson, he's nearly 80 years old, he is still very active and faithful in serving the Lord in Oakridge Baptist Church. He cleans up the church, mows the lawn, and does a lot of technical stuff. I could not imagine what has happened during his last 80 years. You know what they say about "get wiser when you get older"? Well, that is not always true. You can be "foolish when you get older." In Ken Thompson's situation, God is using him as an instrument to influence the young people to serve the church.

Anyhow, I shall go back on topic. Where would I want to be in 10 years? Honestly, I would love to see myself in ministry. I am fervently asking Jesus to lead and guide me wherever I go, and I ask for His abundant blessings upon my fragile life because I am weak in knowing what I need to do.

Psalm 37:4-7 "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers His way, over the man who carries out evil devices!"

Few people asked me, "Are you going to be a Pastor?" I have pondered that question for a while. My heart and desire is to teach the Scripture to whoever that goes along my way. At this moment, I am serving majority of my time in youth ministry. When I teach, I sound kind of "preachy". When a pastor preaches, he constantly prophecies and people would listen. Well, that's me. Sometimes I forget to ask questions to the youth and see if they understood what I was teaching. By God's grace, I am still learning how to teach the Scripture. I have asked a pastor which Bible Institute he would prefer for me to attend if I was to go into Pastoral Ministry, and he recommended me two places - Alberta and Saskatchewan. Oh boy, would that be a long distance from Vancouver. I have yet to tell my non-Christian family what I will be doing because all they know is that I am doing animation or design in Interactive Arts & Technology at Simon Fraser University. Hopefully they will understand my desire although sometimes they scoff at me because preachers don't make a lot of money. Well, that is not even the slightest reason I am going to ministry...not for money...but to proclaim the name of Jesus to the ones who are in need of Him

Moving on, praying to see if God is leading me to Pastoral Ministry, I should be done with seminary. I have told few of my sisters of Christ that I want to plant a church in Hong Kong. I do not know why Hong Kong, but I sense that God may be leading me there. By His sovereignty, may He be in ultimate control of my life.

Okay, here is an interesting thing I want to see in my life in the next 10 years. Ready for this? I do want to see myself be married to a wonderful, lovely, beautiful, cute, and godly woman. Hopefully in less than 10 years although I need to be financially ready too. My prayer is that she will constantly be my helper, and we will support and serve each other whenever we are in need. Also, I pray that she and I will grow spiritually together through the teaching of the Scripture and the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. Do I want kids by the time I am 31 years old? Why not? It would be awesome to have kids! It is a blessing and a privilege to be a father. Boy or girl, God knows. I do pray that God will change and transform me to be a godly husband...that I am able to lead her, and honor her maritally, physically, verbally, financially, practically, parentally, and spiritually. I want to love her as Christ loved the church.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare (peace) and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment