Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 01 – Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.

Being single feels lonely. I remember reading "Soul Craving" by Erwin McManus...there was chapter that talks about "One is the loniest number". In the past, I have asked couple of girls out, but always failed, sadly. Never understood what is wrong with me, although God knows my heart better than I do. I do feel lonely because I never dated in my life. I do want to be in a relationship with a godly woman, but I cannot be impulsive in pursuing one. Usually I feel kind of jealous when I see my friends and other people who are in a relationship, but I need to repent of that.


However, as a dude who is single, I have many opportunity to look at a bigger picture. There are a lot of Christian women out there, but there has to be one of them that God has planned for me. In the past, I always prayed if it is God's will, then let His will to be done. In the context of my prayer, if that woman is His will for my life, then let His will be done. However, little did I know, I learned that I should not ask God this question, "Is she the ONE?" Why? Hard lesson learned, I discovered that God must be my ONE, and that my future spouse is my TWO. Today, so much in the Christian culture, we idealize romance, which leads us to worshiping the gender. We think he or she is good and the best choice, but God's way is better than our way, ultimately. Jesus must be the center of my life wherever I go. Perhaps, once I marry a woman, then maybe she is the "ONE" because of the covenant I will make with her during marriage.


On the other hand, being single can be a good thing. I don't have to deal with so much burden that others have while in a relationship. These burdens can consist of spending money, getting together or attention, and you name it. Just enjoy life with Jesus, and do whatever I want to do (except sin) while I am stay single. Just to express myself, I do feel lonely at times. Perhaps God is asking me to be patient and trust in His timing. I learned a lot throughout the years about relationship, and I believe it is very difficult to handle because I heard stories from my friends who are in a relationship or marriage.


I do pray for wisdom, guidance and blessing in choosing the woman who will be with me from marriage until death do us apart. At this time, I need Jesus to develop my spiritual maturity so that I may lead a woman whom I will love and care for because she is God's daughter.


Matthew 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."


One day, I do trust God that I will meet a godly woman as I seek Him.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you bro. Thanks for the honest and insight post.

    May Christ always be our all in all, our joy, our treasure, our hope, our life.

    Your brother,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Interesting question. This entry reminds me of the post I did earlier in my “30 Days challenge“. [...]

    ReplyDelete