Friday, November 26, 2010

Day 03 – Your views on drugs and alcohol.

"Drugs" is a very broad term. It is comprised of prescriptions, chemical substance, and more. Actually, maybe it does alter a person's body function. Personally, I definitely don't do harmful drugs, such as smoking cigarette or inhaling powders. Is coffee also considered to be drugs? Maybe, but I do not 100% know. Nonetheless, it does contain caffeine, so I assume it is considered drug. Some say it shrinks your growth. However, I am not totally against drugs. Those who have chronic disorder or illness may need prescriptions/medication to keep them stable. I have a friend who takes anti-depressant and I do not think it is wrong. The only thing I have concern with people using drugs is when they abuse it for their own pleasure, which negatively harms the body from the inside and the outside.  Dangerous drugs like heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, and etc. leads to physical harm to the user and addictiveness to the drugs. Therefore, "Say NO to Drugs".

Jesus drank wine, therefore, I am sure it is okay to drink a little bit so long as we do not abuse it and get drunk. I do not understand why people love to drink alcohol. Beer and wine are on that category. I'm not a huge fan of it because they do taste bitter. Just from my own experience, I have yet to drink beer or wine that are not bitter. Some would say that we need to get used to it. I have tried taking some shots during my friend's birthday, but it sure burned my chest and I do not want to try it again. Again, some people would abuse alcohol just to get themselves drunk. Some would get the their opposite gender to be drunk in order to sleep with them...now that is very abusive and can be considered as rape? Alcohol is fine as long as we do it for the glory of God and in remembrance of Jesus Christ. Some churches serve wine during communion. I remember when I was at Waterloo, a church I went to served wine and fruit, but I didn't know about it because it was my first time attending that church (I enjoyed attending that church). When I drank it, it tasted very bitter and realized that it was wine.

Anyhow, those are my views on drugs and alcohol. I have lots to share, but I can't get them out of my mine at this moment.

2 comments:

  1. Who do I contact about buying some ad space on this site? Maybe like a banner on either the header or footer. Please let me know. Great site by the way. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete