Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Facebook-holic

I realize that when post a new status on facebook, I tend to check it every 10 minute to see who comments on it.
Not only that, but I am also wondering who "like" it.
It is fascinating how I cannot check facebook almost every minute because I posted a new status.
When I don't post anything, I don't check it that often.
I believe I check facebook everyday with the exception of days where I am away.
I wonder, how can I cut off the facebook "drugs"?
It is quite addicting.
I don't understand why.
Perhaps this has to do with serving pride?
And curiosity?
When dealing with pride, I feel good that people comments and "like" my stuff.
I feel so caught up with that I make myself more known than God.
Although, I usually post up things that are pleasing God, but I can't take it into my own pride.
An old friend from high school surprisingly commented on my status.
Which can be a good thing because I shared a line from a song on facebook.
I do give all the praise and glory God that I could publicly declare God's holiness through songs, verses, and wisdom.
A friend of mine from church, not sure if she is a Christian, would post this, "I am thankful for..." on her facebook status every evening.
When dealing with curiosity, I need to stop wasting my time checking facebook for no odd reason.
I need to find something better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment