Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby! (John 3:3)

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the
Jewish ruling council.
He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we
know you are a teacher who has come from God.
For no one could
perform he miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
In
reply Jesus declared, "I tell
you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born
again."


Today, I witness six individuals getting baptized,
not at my church though.
One of them are my friends, and his name is
Rocky.
Also, an individual said something that really caught my attention...in a negative way, but God knows where his heart is at =)
"Will you follow Him in love?" (I made that part up since I forgot what Pastor usually ask the candidate before they get baptized)
"I'll do the best that I can."
Thinking back to the time when I got baptized, which was two years, a lot of things had happened after that event.
I have a long way in know who God is.
Reading through the Bible and trying to get the glimpse of God is actually simple, but only through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Please, for those who are reading this, do support your brothers and sisters in Christ after they got baptized.
Their journey has just started.
They are like spiritual babies who will continually stumble when walking but eventually will grow strong.
After Jesus got baptized, what happened?
He didn't immediately go into ministry and do all these great things for God.
What happened? Tell me.
I believe that a lot of Christians have missed this passage.
Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be TEMPTED by the devil.
Now, why would He do that?
Note: I am still trying to seek answer to this question...time to ask MOOSY MOO MOO!
Anyhow, there will be times when Rocky and the rest of the people who are baptized today will be tempted by Satan.
He's not very happy to see Christians being baptized.
Just because they are baptized, it doesn't mean they gain power or something.
It doesn't mean they are change in any way.
Please...oh please...don't get this idea in your head about baptism.
As I just said, JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE BAPTIZED, it doesn't mean that change would immediately happen.
I remember after being newly born or baptized, not by water, but by the Holy Spirit, I thought I would be smart about things.
I had this spiritual pride in me at that point, but that kind of attitude made someone close to me very very mad at me.
It wasn't long until she forgave me.
Before she forgave me, Masao kind of rebuked me for being "smart", which I wasn't, but instead very foolish.
Instead of feeling "smart" about myself, I humbled myself and began to start understand God and want to know Him better.
That was kind of my story after I got baptized.
He calls us babies for a reason, so that we
may know our weaknesses, and so that we may receive Grace, more and
more, for babies need lots of time to grow.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good
deeds." ~ Hebrews 10:24


No comments:

Post a Comment