Friday, April 2, 2010

Drummania

For those who don't know me that personally, I have a hobby.
I like to play Music Video Games.
For example, DDR, GuitarHero, and Rockband.
However, I do like to play drummania which came from Japan.
I think I started playing it after grade 11.
At first, I thought it was just another drum machine that people plays in the arcade.
I thought, "Why waste money when you could play the real drums!"
Ironically, I tried and I was horrible at it.
Unlike today, I have been playing for almost four years.
People asked me how much money did I spend on that machine in total.
I won't tell you but to be really good at that game needs a lot of loonies.
Anyhow, people considers me as a "professional".
I could play from easy to insane songs.
The level and the difficult of the game is very consistent consider that there are tons of different bands to play with.
So why am I talking about drummania?
If you still have no clue what that game is, then google is it up.
I am not bragging about my skills and ability to play that game.
However, that game did inspire me to play REAL drums.
Anyways, the reason why I want to talk about it is because I am already too good at it.
When I am good at it, people would be appeal to watch me play
After being appeal, they would consider me as their IDOL.
That is really dangerous...especially in my position.
They are idolizing ME!?!?!?
That's really bad.
I'm not the one whom they should worship...
Actually, those people already said I am their idol, but I didn't take it seriously because I thought it was a joke back then.
Today, a girl said I am her idol at least two times in a row......and she wants to be as good as me.
I recently met her last semester.
The Holy Spirit convicted me at that point.
I thought I was worse enough to not take good stewardship that I was given, but now a person is idolizing me.
This is not good.
As I went home, I ponder about it for a while.
Maybe...maybe I should stop playing.
Perhaps I should stop playing.
Stop wasting money, and also stop being idolized.
I was proud and boasted some of the scores on a lot of songs.
Instead of leading them to Christ, I became part of the world.
On the phone, I told her to pray for me that I would take good stewardship on the money that God has graciously provided for me.
I still stumble and fail to do so.
Now, I know what I need to do.
Forgive me, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment