Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ready! Set! Go! (1 Timothy 4)

Before I begin my study for my final exam on Saturday, I want to do some sharing.
I don't know about you, but there are quite a lot of misconceptions in terms of understanding doctrines.
For me, I get confused too.
There's a either a false doctrine, or THE divine doctrine.
The Bible tells us to follow the correct doctrine, that is why Paul wrote an instruction to Timothy.
It is also warning about us about false teachings.
I won't quote, but I do encourage you readers to look it up too.
I was quite surprised when I read the first two verses.
I believe that even a faithful person can walk away from God.
In verse 6, it challenges us all to take action if there are some issues going on.
"Train yourself to be godly" because "godliness has value for all things."
Therefore, it says in verse 12-14.
In verse 15-16, it is telling to stand firm and be on our guard for false teachers who are teaching false doctrines.

Continue to be loyal.
Even though I fall, may my heart continue to be sincere.
It is quite true that when trying to do what is good and pleasing to the Lord, Satan will come and attack me.
May it be the sin that does it, not me.
Continue to fight the good fight of faith.
Time to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment