Monday, November 16, 2009

Sincerity (Various of verses)

As I am approaching the future by seconds, I learned something new.
Sincerity is not a word that I use everyday.
Based on what it means, there are some words that can define it.
To shorten into an adjective, the word will be sincere.
Let's collect few words to match what it means.
Purity.
Honesty.
Wholehearted.
That's what I understand of what sincerity means.
So we know what it means, now let's go deeper.
Here's a question for all of us:
How does it apply to us?
Are we hypocrites?
Deep down inside, are we really being sincere before God and our neighbors?
Yesterday, I was talking to my friend.
Sincere was brought up in the conversation.
hmm...I am sincere?
Wow, I never thought someone would think of me or see me as a sincere person.
However, I do struggle with being sincere,
Here's the challenge, God is testing our hearts to see if we are sincere before Him.
Believe or not, this is the truth, God knows our hearts.
Isaiah 29:13 "The Lord says, 'These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is made up only of rules taught by men.' "
Sincerity is only mentioned in the New Testament.
Why though?
Because people are recognizing who God is through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 2:46 "Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and SINCERE hearts..."
First, we see that believers are gathering in small homes to fellowship.
Paul reminds us about having a sincere heart, faith, and love.
You can take a lot of verses in the New Testament about being sincere.
One of the good reminders from Paul is 1 Timothy 1:5
"The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith."
May we reminded to have this attitude of sincerity before our Heavenly Father.
From now on, I desire to be sincere before God in everything that I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment