Sunday, November 15, 2009

His work (Romans 8:26-28)

Do you ever wonder why people are absent in many certain events that you are in?
For example, God has been working in me in this event, and I wish that he/she would be here to also be filled with His presence.
Sometimes we have this thought that God is already working in us rather than other people who doesn't attend small group, Bible Study, Summit, or Winter Conference.
However, should we really think like that?
Do we have the rights to judge others spirituality?
If we are like that, then we do sound like a self-righteous person.
Really, we are no better than anybody.
Paul says that he is the worst of sinners.
Paul demonstrated an example of humility.
Jesus also demonstrated humility in front of the crowds when he was crucified because it was all for the glory of God.
Romans 12:3 "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you."
"People want to
find some place that they feel like they can connect and have a sense
of belonging.
The challenge is there is no place for everyone since
everyone has different needs.
It happens at small churches and it
happens at big churches.
The key is focus on doing what the Lord calls
you to do - with excellence and faithfully.
And enjoy it with Him.
If
you see anything that you can change or make it better, ask the Lord
for understanding and ways to improve.
For things that you cannot
change, ask the Lord to give you understanding and peace to accept and
trust them to Him in prayers."
My mentor (She is like a mother to me) gave me some encouragement and I agree that I should enjoy God even though the numbers of people in small group is fewer than usual.
I should enjoy God even though there are things that I cannot do but to pray.
Reminds me of few verses in Romans
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
I may not be able to see what is happening in other people's spiritual lives, but I believe through prayer that God will continue to work in them.
Final verse I want to share
Philippians 1:6 "being confident of this, that HE WHO BEGAN A GOOD WORK IN YOU will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment