Sunday, November 8, 2009

Psalm 78

The Holy Spirit spoke to me when I read that passage.
It talked quite a lot about the grace, mercy, and wrath that God has to the Israelite.
The Israelite were rebellious against God in the Old Testament.
When you read Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, you'll discover so much about who God is.
Also, the things that are happening in those passages reflects to the modern day.
It has quite a lot of application in it.
Just think about it for a moment.
They didn't have Jesus back then.
Generation after generation, Israel, the chosen nation, keeps rebelling.
"LIKE their fathers they were disloyal and faithless, as unreliable as a faulty bow."
Not only it talked about God's grace, mercy, and wrath, but in the beginning of the passage, it is also instructing us something.
"what we have heard and known, what our fathers have told us. We will NOT hide them from their children; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders has done."
Following that, it says, "so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children."
Lets pray for ourselves that we won't rebel against God or turn away from Him, and that our next generation won't rebel against Him, but continue to live faithfully for His purpose.

An interesting question has been raised to me just a moment ago.
"When are you going to ask her out?"
I'm sure most of you readers are already wondering what is going on these days.
But if you go back to August archive, and I think it is in the beginning of the month, I blogged about the covenant I made with her.
 I won't be asking her out anytime soon.
I want to continue to earnestly pray about it for another 9 months.
If it is by God's will, then I will ask her.
For now, I want to pray.
If you marry the wrong person, then things will go way WRONG.
Thank you, hopefully, to all of you who have been praying for me.
I had an interesting thought about success.
Good result doesn't mean you are successful =)
Comment on it if you highly disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment