Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mrs.Blake (1 Thessalonions 5:1-2)

It was such a big shock for me when I heard that my P.E teacher, when I was in grade 11, passed away yesterday.
Fighting cancer is such a difficult thing.
It was actually a big surprise to hear someone I knew from high school passed away.
Not only that, when I went back to my high school website, another staff from SWC died on my birthday due to breast cancer.
When I heard about it, I immediately looked back to the passage in Thessalonians.
The day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
Destruction will come SUDDENLY.
I wonder if they looked forward to that.
Just recently...or maybe a year ago, there was an accident at a sushi bar where the truck ran into the store...killing two women.
One of them was 19 and the other one was a waitress.
The mother of the teenager said something like this, "In my life, I never thought that my daughter suddenly pass away."
It is a sudden shock.
It just hit my heart when I heard someone died.
Imagine that someone close to us died all of the sudden.
I know someone who had that kind of shock and sadness that they experienced.
It is not very easy to accept that.
Instead of thinking about others death, how about you?
When you walk out the door of your house, do you look forward to death?
I am sure this is a rhetorical question that cannot be answered.
However, it is possible.
Even when you're at home, do you look forward to death?
I'll throw in another scary thought, do you think you will still be alive the next morning?
God will call you home at any moment.
For me, I must be ready for it and stand firm to it.
 Maybe you might think that God is cruel to allow that to happen.
Well, who are we to judge God?
Why does science allow us to die?
Of course, science has already proven that we are going to turn to dust.
One of the pastor said this, "I have a good news and bad news."
"Good news is that God is here"
"Bad news is that God is here"
"It all depends on where you are standing."
Indeed, we WILL die. The end. Period.
So where will you go after you die?
Don't be simple-minded.
Give yourself a deeper thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment