Saturday, August 1, 2009

Awana Scholarship Camp 2009

I just came back from an exciting place where I could serve God and be "out" of this world.
Yes, Awana Scholarship Camp.
I had another great privilege to serve at that camp again.
It was a very good to be there again.
I have lots of things to share.
When I say lots, I meant LOTS.
It is hard to blog and talk about everything that I have learned, but I really do want to share something.
We all have ONE life to live.
Just ONE.
Once you're done with this place, you are officially done.
Theme for this week was Black and White.
Verse for this week was based on John 10:10
I enjoyed my moment in listening to the Holy Spirit speaking through the Pastor who came from Nanaimo.
The purpose of his message is "the cost of following Christ".
How much are we willing to give up on the things we idolize and follow Christ?
What are some stuff that are holding us back?
Are we willing to rededicate our lives back to Christ and follow Him?
There are so much concepts in it, but I didn't take note of it...and I definitely should start doing that.
Buy a booklet and take notes so I could discern it.
 In term of campers, you don't mess with those kids.
That is why we call it SCHOLARSHIP camp.
Who usually gets scholarship in school?
The people who works hard and earn high marks on all their courses.
Yes, these campers, from grade 6 - grade 12 grad, knows the Bible quite well.
I asked some campers about Leviticus and Numbers and most of them would say it is a boring book and wouldn't bother reading it.
In terms of the younger grades, it is usually the time when they are reflecting on verses and memorizing it.
It is a good thing because not only do they memorize it, but we, as leaders and counselors, challenge them to apply it when they get back home.
Psalm 119:11 "I have kept your words in my heart, that I might not sin against you."
However, I am not in position to judge whether if they take it by heart or take it seriously because I don't know.
Hopefully, they do apply everything that they have learned in one week back to their "mission field" and not let the things they learned flow by and become vain.
I usually talk to the young ones instead of the older ones.
It seems that I have trouble getting to know the older ones (which are in grade 11 and 12).
I don't know! Whenever I walk by them, I try to say "Hi", but they just walk pass and ignore me.
Some do respond, but only a "hey".
Anyhow, it was an great week that I have invested.
I really do hope that I will return and help out again next year.

PS: If you want to know more about Awana, then look back at March 2009 archive.

No comments:

Post a Comment