Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sleeping Beauty III - 1 Corinthians 15:51-54

As I was thinking about the soul sleep, I continue to read and search for the meaning of it.
I will not conclude what I discovered, but I'll say that God spoke to me about it.
1 Corinthians 15 speaks about the Resurrection of Christ, Death, and Body.
It's interesting how Paul is really passionate in preaching to the Corinth because REALLY that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
There are so much we don't understand about the Resurrection of Jesus and how it can also relate to our relationship with Him.
Paul speaks about the mystery in verse 51
"We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed..."
The English structure is kind of odd to me.
"We will not all sleep" may not make any sense to us...I cannot really explain it.
Change from what?
Verse 52 says, "in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the
trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will
be changed."
That is when the rapture begin.
While we are dead, it seems like it is just a flash...without telling what the time is...until Jesus Christ comes back.
There are so much mysteries going on about this "soul sleep" but it is very controversial so it can be an open discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment