Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Mine Zone - Matthew 14:25-31

As I was approaching to meet Jilly Jill Jill, I stepped on something.
It was a hard unpleasant crack sound.
I looked at it, and it was just a cracker...no wonder why it had the crack sound.
And then, I was thinking deeply about the step that we take each day.
In Africa and middle East, landmines are planted anywhere in soft grounds.
It will take a lot of courageous, boldness, and faith to take that one step.
Most of the times, we are afraid to take that step of faith.
Another analogy would be the stepping stones.
There are tons of stones laid on the ocean...and the other side is the kingdom of God.
You look at the stones and it seems like God's kingdom is just so far away.
You take that first step and you trust that you won't fall.
Most of times, when we are afraid and start doubting, we hesitate and fall.
"You of little faith...why did you doubt?"
In terms of evangelism, will we be afraid to approach someone and doubt that the Holy Spirit will not work in us?
That will cost for another person to not hear the gospel and God will send someone to reach him/her.
What are we waiting for?
Take that step of faith!
This also applies to those who does not know God.
When I was a non-Christian, I did not even know what it means to have faith or trust in God.
I did things my own way and thought out everything was good through my own plans.
But I found out that those plans led me to sorrow.
However, when I accepted Jesus that He will be in control of my life, I found joy in Him.
And this is how I am today...serving Him and taking risk through the trust I have in God.
It's going to be challenging, but we'll never regret about it because we know that the life God gives us are good.
Continue to have faith and trust that Jesus will take us through.

This is a very encouraging video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA_uwWPE6lQ

No comments:

Post a Comment