Friday, July 17, 2009

The Li family

Today, it was my day of enrollment.
I was so shocked and frustrated with the enrollment system for IAT.
I wanted to get into three courses, but I can't because I need to wait until Aug 3rd for general enrollment.
What is up with that?
It seems that IAT is a program that is reserved for only 75% of the student who are in that program.
I can't wait until I punch my way into that program.
I guess God is teaching me to be patient at this moment and trust that He has everything in control while I am going nuts.
For those of you who didn't know where I was today, I was at home most of the morning and noon trying to figure out my plan B for my Fall Semester.
At around 3pm, I went to Metro to kill some time before I went to Lougheed Station to meet Michelle.
Here they are, from 5pm-10pm, hanging out WITH:
Ian, Serena, Francis, and Michelle - The Li Family.
I am the only Outsider there.
FYI, they are family and relatives.
Serena and Michelle are sisters, and Ian and Francis are brothers, and both the siblings are cousins toward each other.
I had enjoy my time with them.
It has been a year ever since we hung out.
I remember last year was at Metro doing random stuff, but Francis wasn't there.
So much has happened.
Went to a elementary school and play random stuff.
Out of 5 people, Ian was the only one who didn't get any injuries.
I banged my head in the pole at the kids playground while playing some blind tag game.
Francis pulled his leg muscles.
Michelle pulled her arm muscles.
Finally, Serena fell flat on the ground from the second highest floor of the playground while she was tagging people since she has to close her eyes.
My heart was beating fast...so scared...and I rush to help her up, and I was glad that she fell on her back.
When she got up, she was cheerful and joyful in laughter, which made my heart felt better to see that she was alright and that everyone was alright.
The two families had an interesting and funny conversation about their grow up experiences, and I was amused.
It was an awesome moment to be spending time with them, and I am going to miss this moment for maybe another year.
We all can't always come together to hang out because of our busy schedules, but I am glad that God made time for us to meet up.

PS: Michelle is in IAT, and she is reserving a spot for me =P

No comments:

Post a Comment