Saturday, July 11, 2009

Restoration through Strength

This morning was another one of those mornings again.
Started out bad but always ended with something good.
Last night was an annoying night.
I guess most of the you, readers, don't know about this, but I share my room with my little brother.
He kindly asked me to not turn off the light or the computer.
I'm like, "okay...that's fine with me."
Usually, I can sleep through almost anything regardless of whether it was noisy, or being surrounded by brightness.
However, last night was a whole different night.
I realized something yesterday...
When you sin intentionally, you are one foolish person while you aren't being mastered by it.
When you sin while being tempted, you are just weak.
God is my strength, but I put Him on the side on purpose.
I'm so foolish.
Anyhow, I opened the door for Satan and he attacked me badly last night.
I had a huge headache while I was trying to get some sleep...and my body felt very restless.
Because of that, it was so hard to overcome the pain while the lights were turned on...50 cents music was being played in the background with a loud bass, and my brain couldn't stop thinking.
I became frustrated and I turned off the music...and asked my brother turned the light off.
Still, I couldn't sleep very well.
The pillow was rough on me...the temperature was high.
And this REALLY was my nerves...
It was almost mid-night...and guess what happened?
My little brother's cellphone rang...for a while.
He didn't picked up the phone and just let it rang.
I was telling myself...*be patient, don't go berserk*.
Later on, my mom came back and started phoning me and my little brother to see if we're at home...
Ridiculous! Why not come to our room and see if we here???
Later on, another cellphone and finally he picked up and started talking.
*This is getting on my nerves*
Later on, I managed to get into a little bit of sleep.
In the middle of the night, I heard noises...a conversation.
I told my little brother to be quiet.
And then later on, he was still in his conversation.
I told to seriously BE QUIET!
And then I slept.
I woke up...headaches...body was restless...didn't get into my deep sleep.
Got up and try to get to church to help out with some stuff.
Honestly, I felt like vomiting...and I felt like I was going to faint anytime.
I was walking 2.5 times slower than I usually walked.
It reminded me about the "storm" that I am going through.
It's like, Jesus is carrying me through this storm...and telling me to hold on, I will take you through.
His love for His people is so infinite...that He is willing to protect me.
When I reached my destination, I started cleaning the windows and helping out in the kitchen.
I rejoice! For I am doing this!
I felt so much better for serving God and to hold tight on Him.
Some readers might be asking, "Why didn't God just heal you?"
There are moments when God will heal you...if it's in His will.
God carried me through because of His strength in me...as it says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
I recognize that if I rely on the strength that He gives me, He will take me through.
Through the suffering that I had, I found myself to become stronger.
1 Peter 5:10-11 "And the God of
all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you
have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you
strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."


No comments:

Post a Comment