Friday, July 10, 2009

"Good" Morning



As some of
you might now know, I live in a non-Christian family.

This morning was a good
and bad morning.

I’ll start with the bad morning…I’ll start out bad and end
with something good.

My mom woke me up this morning and asked me to look after
her store while she gone to her second job.

You know, it’s morning, and I got
grumpy and frustrated that I needed to help her again because I looked after
her store last evening.

So that dishonors my mom and God.

However, I went into
my mom’s room and lie down on her bed while she was putting some make up on.

This
dialogue was spoken in Chinese, so I’ll try to translate it and remember what
we said.



And she was
telling me, “None of you are willing help me on anything!”



“But I
looked after the store for you yesterday…so does that mean I wasn’t willing to
help you.”



“You know,
I am not making a lot of money…it is like I’m fighting a war to earn
something.”



I said to
her, “There is an even a bigger war that we are fighting right now. For me, I
am fighting a war against Satan and his dominions. A war against the wages of
SIN. We have this sin in us that we commited…”



And then
she said, “Maybe I have this “sin”, in Chinese I think she meant criminal
record, in me so that is why I am very “unlucky”. I lied, I did this and that.”



“Do you
know that Jesus has paid the price for your sin?”



“No body
can forgive sin. And don’t talk about Jesus in front of me.”



“But do you
know what He did for you? The Bible tells us the truth and Jesus said that “I
am the truth and the light." Referencing John 14:6



Later on we
had a pause…I think.



“Do you
know who God is?”



“I knew Him
when I was young.”



“But do you
know Him now?”



“Like I
said, I know Him, but not too familiar with Him.”



“I know.
Tons of people know Him, but they don’t care about Him. In the Bible, it said
that people know Him, but they didn’t give thanks or glory or don’t care about
Him.” Referencing from Romans 1:18-21. “I went though this experience in knowing
Him and I know that you can know Him also.”



She
replied, “I know that you know Him, so why don’t you pray to Him and ask Him to
dispel this suffering in me? Tell him that I want money and hopefully I’ll get
more customers.”



“That is
what you want do, but what does God want you to do?”



“He wants
me to believe in Him and praise Him.



“No, doing
that is not enough to please Him. The Bible also said that “not everybody who
says to me, “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven.” Referencing Matthew
7:21 “God wants you to know Him personally.”



Later on I
forgot what happened…but she said…



“I prayed to
God that I won’t go through so much suffering, but He never answered my
prayer.”



Then she
walked out the door. I was praying for Her that she’ll be patient because God’s
timing is perfect. It might not happen right now, but it will happen in the
future.



And then
she came back in the room, in tears.



I said to
her, “Why don’t you read and study God’s word?”



Then I
pulled out the Chinese Bible on her counter and gave it to her.



I told her,
“Read Matthew.” Intentionally, I wanted her to read John, but I didn’t know
what it was in Chiense.



She said
this, “You know, I think I have time today. Maybe I could read it.”



And then
she walked out the room and I prayed for her.



Few minutes
later while she was preparing to go to work, she asked me this question,
“Tommy, do you think I am miserable?”



“Yes, I
have compassion for you. I used to be very miserable too.”



And then I
shared with her, “I was miserable for not having a girlfriend in High School
while others had one because I was jealous. I was miserable that I had learning
disability.”



“But now
you’re grown up. You’ll find girlfriend soon.”



“Yeah, I’ll
be patient.”
She said, “That’s right. Be patient.”



And then
she left for work and she took the Bible with her. So continue to pray for her
and that she’ll encounter Jesus, our Lord, Saviour, and King.





2 comments:

  1. Tommy, you're amazing =)~kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. In what way? Haven't seen you for a long time =)

    ReplyDelete