Monday, May 4, 2009

Losing a Bus Pass (Matthew 6:19:21)

Before I leave for Waterloo, I want to make another entry.
People are already coming back from a small vacation.
Now it is time for school again!
Oh how fun...can't wait until I go back to school in September.
I wonder if she's back yet...hmm...should I call her before I leave?
Anyhow!
Today has been a hectic day and also a grateful day!
Went to Kitty's baptism and ate a lot of California sushi.
Ok, the hectic part of the day.
My mom lost my little brother's bus pass and my mom is nagging and telling us to find it for her.
Ok, so we've searched carefully each section and corner of the house.
Still, it is nowhere to be found.
In the end, we just gave up and go on with life.
My older bro made another comment about the finding.
He keeps telling us to keep looking for it.
Ok, sure, we'll look for it for the rest of our lives.
Very dramatic family I have sometimes, and they're hilarious.
It is not the first time that my mom lost something.
She lost numerous of things, but were found eventually, such as car keys.
She's growing older, so I can't blame her for losing stuff although I do get frustrated when she keeps telling me to find it when I tried looking for it.
She did lose money.
There were many cases when her cash went missing, and she puts the blame on us for "stealing" it.
We all did not admit we stole anything from her.
She did had a grudge on one of us for doing this, but eventually her mood went back to normal.
See, that is the thing when we love worldly things...materialism.
Those things eventually go rusty or rot, and then you find it no appealing anymore and you try to find other stuff to entertain you.
Make more money, and waste more money.
People will start to steal your valuable stuff.
My house got broken in once when I was a little kid.
My mom felt sorrow after all her stuff got stolen.
Afterwards, she didn't have any concern about it anymore.
Instead, she asked a technician to install an alarm at our house.
And she goes out and buy more stuff.
FYI, my family used to be wealthy if you read my testimony on my facebook note.
Money will go missing.
Money is made out of papers, which makes it very valuable.
Same goes for Bus Pass.
It is very valuable for my little bro so he could go to school without spending too much money.
Actually, there is nothing wrong with bus pass if you're just using it for transportation.
But for money, it is dangerous if you're obsess with it.
1 Timothy 6:10 "For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs."
However, when God has given you His treasure, it can never get stolen or rust.
His treasure is Jesus.
God has given us Jesus to be our treasure for our salvation.
God has given us grace and mercy over our sins.
God has given us great privilege to be His child.
God has given us His most valuable treasure for us.
His treasure is our ticket to heaven.
Jesus, my Lord and Savior.
Who died on the cross.
Obedience to His death on the cross.
I give thanks and praise for God sending us Jesus.
I give thanks and praise for His love for us.
His treasure cannot be stolen by anyone, unless we throw away that treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment