Wednesday, May 6, 2009

LooP[Orientation week] (Romans 12:1-2)

For the first three days at Waterloo, I am having a fabulous time.
Even through learning and trying to keep myself awake during the afternoon, I still get to develop and learn a lot.
One of the seminar that struck me was about Spirit-Filled Life.
Now, it is not trying to show us how to use the booklet.
Instead of using the booklet, the speaker, Allan Self, demonstrated some instruction in how to be filled with the spirit during this project.
Before I get to that, interesting thing is happening.
I know that Jess will read this, but there almost everyone's Caucasian.
I'm have nothing against them, but it just feels funny that I'm surrounded by white people.
I usually hangout with asian and got used to the feelings of it.
Anyhow, I was struck with three things that are going on in my walk with God.
When it comes to idolizing things besides God, we're worshiping it.
He showed us these two verses and explain it in a deeper category - Worldly Idol, Relational Idol, and Spiritual Idol.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Paul is URGING people.
It is a strong verb.
It's like I DESIRE you.
There are so many things that we don't offer our bodies to God.
Sometimes, we often offer a little bit to God.
Instead, Paul strongly stated that you MUST offer your WHOLE BODY to God as a living sacrifice.
Here are some of the things that I struggle to do so.
Worldly Idol: Money, Education.
Relational Idol: I often think about her, but I know, for myself, that I don't worship or put this as my primary focus. There is nothing wrong with thinking about it except don't be too obsess with her and lose focus on God.
Spiritual Idol: This is the thing that struck me. We have a strong passion to serve God, except our passion can take over us and do things our own way instead of His way. We want to memorize scripture verses, yet we don't focus on God. There many things to say, but these are good things, however keep yourself focus on God, not His plan...hopefully you guys will understand what I mean.
I do struggle with offering my whole body to God.
I'm afraid and not very courageous.
I tend to be very sensitive with being humiliated.
Please pray about this situation of mine, and also think about your walk with God.
Are we offering our whole body to God?

1 comment:

  1. You know what, Tommy... I feel funny too. I was just thinking about that today. I'm not used to hanging out with so many white people. Pretty funny since I'm Caucasian.Allan's talk really struck me... some of the things he was talking about, I was journaling about those exact things the day before during quiet time.

    ReplyDelete