Friday, May 8, 2009

Gifts (Romans 12:6-8)

Lord, I want healing in my heart.
I'm pretty wounded by the fact that I couldn't do anything about it.
Only You could bring healing in my heart.
Am I just doing too much?
Because I don't believe I worked hard enough, I want to use my energy to invest my time on this video project.
I really want someone to hear what my heart has to say.
However, only You can know what my heart desires.
I really do desire to continue working on it and have my Sabbath on Sunday.
Just because Jesus left, it doesn't mean we should stop doing evangelism.
Just because our work is done, it doesn't mean I should stop working because I don't think I worked hard enough.
Oh well, I can't do anything about it to make things happen.
If I really desire to continue working, then will You, oh Lord, give me this desire?
You promise that if I do believe, without any doubts in my heart, then you will be done for me. (Mark 11:23-24)
Anyhow, we all have different gifts that God gave us.
I find it so hard and very unsatisfying to not use my gift.
Paul has a very interesting philosophy in Romans 12:6-8
You guys can read it.
Seems like Paul is stating to the crowd that whoever is stopping that person from using his gift, he wants that person to let the gifted person to continuing using his/her gift to serve God.
"If it is serving, let him serve."
Why stopping that gifted man from serving?
It is part using our whole body as a living sacrifice.
For me, I still need to honor and be devoted with another with love.
I want to be sincere in the things I do.
"Love must be sincere."
It is a spiritual gift that we ought to learn to love.
Hopefully I'll figure some ideas out during the weekend and work hard on it on Monday.
"And whatever you do, whether in word, or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

Thank You, God.
For the healing of my heart.
I feel a lot better now.
I think things will get straighten for me...for now.
I want to be challenge in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment