Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mom (Psalm 113:9)

Happy Mother's day.
I will always remember what you have did for me; you didn't leave me.
There were times when you wanted to kick me out of the family.
There were times when you yelled and scorned at me.
There were times when you and I were arguing.
There WAS a time when I hit you.
There were times when I disobeyed and dishonored you.
There were times when everything was unknown to us.
There were times of misunderstanding.
There were time when you and I were having a spiritual conversation.
There were times when I saw you cry numerously.
There were times when you went through hardships when I couldn't do much about it.
There were times when you complimented and encouraged me.
There were times when you loved me, and still are.

Now that I am a grown man, yet still needs to be disciplined, I really hope that you do not need to worry about me anymore.
I pray that you will know Christ.
I pray that you will discover His love.
I pray that you will seize yourself to Him.
I pray that you will repent and follow Him.
I pray that you will pray daily.
I pray that you will read His words with wisdom.
I pray that you will love Him.

A Mother's Creed:
I will worry less about my children and trust God more.
I will commit them into the Lord's care.
I will love my children unconditionally and let them know I do.
I will believe in them constantly and encourage them often.
I will pray for them daily.
I will teach them responsibility for their own actions.
I will try to be an example of Godliness, but I will be unafraid to let them see my faults.
I will give them generous doses of laughter, interspersed with fun.
I will release them when they are grown but they will be my own.

"He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord."
I love you, mom, for you will ALWAYS be my mom.
It's funny that you look old in this picture, which was nearly two-three years ago, when you look very young in person.

1 comment:

  1. Mothers, where would any of us be without them???Whether you have a good or not so good mum, you only really truly appreciate them (and what they go through) when you become a parent yourself.Have a great weekend. :-)PS: Nice space, keep those Blogs going ;-)

    ReplyDelete