Saturday, May 16, 2009

Be Strong and Courageous (Joshua 1)

As I finish reading the book that Moses wrote: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, I'm engaging into the book of Joshua.
I observed a few interesting scenes and situations that the Israelite are going through.
As Moses is waiting upon his death, he tells Joshua to take the authority and lead the Israelite.
I bet Joshua was scared when he heard that.
Many times, Moses tell Joshua in Deuteronomy, "Be strong and Courageous".
In Joshua 1, God starts telling Joshua, "Be Strong and Courageous".
Numerous of time I come upon that phrase.
I feel that Joshua was kind of fearful to take lead.
Moses was the only person who can lead the Israelite to the promise land.
However, God didn't let him go there and died in Mount Nebo.
Later on in the book of Joshua, Joshua became a strong and Noble person and said, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous.
This is what the LORD will do to all the enemies you are going to
fight."
Kings were killed by Joshua.
Joshua starts commanding the Israelite to "be strong and courageous".
I can tell he had a strong tone of voice when he said that.
There will be times in our lives when we are weak, when we need to take leadership when a person leaves.
For me, I guess John Homenuke will be leaving for Ontario and carry on his work.
What will happen to Awana when the commander leaves?
In SFU, who would take leadership for the servant team?
For youth, although I'm not part of it anymore, who will take on the executive roles?
I don't know about me.
I did wanted to take leadership many times, but wasn't chosen to be one.
If we are chosen one day, then may we "be strong and courageous".

1 comment:

  1. I drempt about the worle ending! Nd was cryn cause mah suga baby was on a tall buildn nd couldn catcha n chunx fell n i awoke! Gamme a sense of lonliness cause i was all alone, not fear.

    ReplyDelete