Sunday, April 12, 2009

Resurrection Day

Today is not about huge white bunny passing out Easter eggs to kids.

It has more than just the culture itself.

Easter...I wonder why it is called Easter...

Wikipedia says that Easter day or Easter Sunday is about Jesus resurrecting from the grave.

When I was a little boy, I stayed to the cultural custom and thinking that Easter is about a bunny passing eggs around.

I remember I put my small little basket out the door and wait for the Easter Bunny to place their eggs on it.

Unfortunately, nothing was on my basket the next day.

I lost hope on that Easter Bunny.

I stopped making small little basket and just go on with life.

Easter has some very special meaning to it.

In Chinese Translation, Easter translates Resurrection.

I am rather suprised by the translation, but didn't understand what it meant.

It was not long that I started going to church and learned about Easter.

It is Jesus overcoming death and got out of his tomb and revealing His majesty.

How wonderful is He willing to suffer so much...just toooo much...more than what I could...

He died for us...for me.

Jesus shedding His blood...torn to pieces...pierced...

He died, hanging on the cross.

For the glory of it all, He resurrected on the third day.

Removing our transgression if we know Him personally.

If you haven't heard that He died for you, then now you do.

Easter is all about His resurrection.

He died for sin so we could become the righteousness of God. 

No longer will death conquer Him.

Just like He has promised!

There is so much to talk about, but there is a passage that we could all read.

1 Corinthians 15

Happy Easter (Resurrection) Day

No comments:

Post a Comment