Monday, April 13, 2009

Ran out of bullets

The joy of procrastination has already ended today and now.

I've used up all my breaks.

It is time for me to seriously study.

I have MACM exam on Saturday and I'm not really looking forward to it.

Pray for motivation and strength for this week.

 

1 John

We are either on the LIGHT side OR the DARK side.

How could light mix with dark?

Mixing white and black could create a grey color.

I wonder if the element of light and dark could mix...

In the Bible, it is impossible.

Paul mentions it in 1 John.

It is a very short book so you guys could finish it in less than 30 minutes.

BUT how long does it take us to understand this book?

The Bible is very deep, even a short book such as Philemon, Jude, Jonah, Haggai, Obadiah...and more.

It takes a while to understand each short book.

But how long does it take to understand a long book?

I even wonder how long does it take to understand the book the Moses wrote?

Anyhow, back on topic.

Light and Dark...

Before I go on, I really want to confess this to the readers.

I love to share a lot of things and inspire other people to Christ.

I can see how God used Derek Hill to encourage me to step out in faith and share in person.

I rarely have a chance to enlighten other people with the Word of God.

I rarely go out sharing or do evangelism.

It takes a lot courage and spirit to do so.

This is why I have blogs; to express my thoughts to other people.

To express my devotions and how God is revealing what He's been showing me through His word.

I don't care whether others are older or wiser than me, I just want to share.

1 Timothy 4:12 "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, inlove, in faith and in purity."

Furthermore, how do we know that we LOVE.

Do we love God?

My youth Pastor repeatedly asked me this question, "Do you love God? Are you sure? Really?"

Yes, I do LOVE God.

My sinful nature does not want me to love God, but I know that I love God.

Loving God is not an easy thing.

Sometimes there are many things that prevent us from loving Him.

Similarily, do we love our brothers?

Brothers means our congregation or our church?

Just clarify church is NOT a building.

We are the church who gathers together to worship our Lord and be enlighten by the word of God so we could be prepare for the new week.

So how do we know if we love our brothers and sisters?

When I am in C4C, I try to know everyone well enough to speak to them casually instead of treating each other as strangers.

When I basically know them, what they study and stuff, then all we have left to say is, "How are you doing?"

Well, it is an important thing to know about the other individual's life.

In the beginning of the semester, I was very enthusiastic and energized about meeting new people.

However, I find it kind of strange for me introduce myself to the "older" ones in C4C.

Ok, I guess there is nothing wrong with that...I think...

Maybe I am showing an example of stepping out in faith in meeting new people.

I want to know them and get to LOVE them and develop a good relationship.

It is hard to love someone you don't know them.

My enthusiasm faded away when I don't actually see good bondings.

It was getting harder and harder for me start a conversation with others I don't know too well.

It seemed like my love for SFU C4C is already fading.

I don't know how to love them anymore.

That was during my first semester.

The only person whom I developed a great brotherly bond was Peter Wang.

He and I get to go out sharing and following up with a Muslim.

He and I were keeping each other accountable.

In the end, the Muslim decided not to meet up with us anymore.

When we met, we prayed for him and prayed for each other.

I saw that Peter felt a little bit discouraged.

Before the Muslim decided not to meet with us, I gave him the "Would you like to know God personally" booklet.

Peter told me something, "Tommy, you did the right thing by giving him that booklet. It is the word of God that can speak to him, not by words."

I'm not being prideful.

I am trying to show that we both did our parts by modelling each other.

If one of us did someone wrong, then one of us must gently correct each other with the upright attitude.

James 5:16 is a really good verse to keep each other accountable in prayer.

All I could say is that, it is very difficult to love faithfully.

I have developed great relationships during my second semester.

God really provided me a lot.

He trapped me in SFU for my Thursday evening so I don't go to UBC C4C weekly meetings.

So it was a really blessing that I can get to love others better.

One question that I recall is this...

How do we respond to God's love for us?

If our parents love us so dearly, then how should we respond to them?

And how could we apply God's love for us and express it to others as well?

This is something we could all think about.

"If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brothers and sisters, he is a liar."

No comments:

Post a Comment