Monday, March 2, 2009

How are you? or How am I?

"How's your walk with God?"
I never have expected her to ask me that question so soon.
I was surprised for few seconds, and I didn't know what to respond to her.
I was thinking if I was really with God for a moment.
Usually we respond, "ups and downs".
I simply answered her, "I haven't been reading His word for the past week, but I did start reading again yesterday and today."
"So, what is making you depress?"
I do not know.
Waking up in the middle of the night is probably not related to depression.
Although I often do feel sad, however I still believe there is a burden hidden in me.
God is the only who knows, but I'm not confident enough to be sure if it is that thing that is causing me.
Even though I got what I need, it doesn't mean it'll cure me.
Most of us probably went through this arrogant situation.
"If I got what I need, then I'll be confident that I can do better."
Not sure what I'm talking about?
One of my experience is that I have high self-esteem.
If I got a girlfriend, then I'll do better at school.
If I got what I needed, then I'll stop sinning.
Pretty interesting thoughts we have...sometimes.
But none of it is true.
It raises your confidants, but later on, you'll break that pledge.
I don't need to rely on anything worldly thing to help me.
I only need God to be my cure.
I sometimes face this difficult...and that is confronting with Him.
He knows, but I don't know how I could face my problem with Him.
I denied myself and face Him.
We shouldn't run away from our problems.
Sometimes we hide ourselves and just ignore that problem.
However, it burdens in our heart to not do anything about it.
But yes, I still have this feeling; this fantasy...
I shall rest upon His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment