Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

"In the West, it is the traditional day on which lovers express their love for each other by sending Valentine's cards, presenting flowers, or offering confectionery."

I stole that information from Wikipedia.

A red heart is a symbolism for Love.

We recognize that red heart as to Love.

<3

We express that kind of gratitude to someone whom we love.

We have many people whom we love.

But what is this day about anyways?

A little bit a research will help, but I not going into it.

When I hear Valentine's Day, I think it is just show how much you love a person the most.

Well, I think this event is kind of bias in a sense to actually send someone a rose or a give card to someone you're dating OR your crush.

What if someone has no love for anyone?

Wouldn't that person miss out all the fun on just that day?

I mean, why do we have Valentine's Day?

I'll talk more about it later on.

When I was little, I always believe that Valentine's Day is to express your love to someone.

I'm being very repetitive here, but I know what I'm trying to say.

As you age, you want to start buying a rose to someone as a confession to the significant other.

As you are dating, you want to do someone VERY SPECIAL on that day.

Maybe go out for dinner and buy a huge package of roses.

When you get married, maybe do something that I just said above.

Valentine's Day is a great event to have.

But what about the people who has no love?

For me, as a example, I'm not dating, YET.

Sometimes I don't feel like going out because I might feel ashamed for not having a relationship with a person.

I mean, I do have an attraction for someone, but it's very hard to have that boldness to actually confess your feeling to that person.

I saw her yesterday.

When I saw her, I was very surprised and my heart was instantly pumping faster.

After Ignite, I talk to her as usual, as a friend and that stuff.

She and I can be quiet when we're sitting on the bus or riding the skytrain back home.

Until she gets off, I feel emotional.

I asked her what she's doing for Valentine's Day.

"Spending time with my church friends."

I didn't want to ask her too much.

Today is probably NOT the time for me to solely talk to her about it.

Sometimes, I can lose feelings for her.

I was once talking to my friend from church about dating.

I said, "I hopefully would be able to date only one person."

His reply, "One person is not enough. You need more experience."
Now that I think of it, I think it sounds very foolish.

So I am expected to date someone just for the sake of an experience.

Dating a person just for an experience is not loving.

It's like you're using that person as a toy and then dump it once it gets bored of it.

I'm not being stubborn about relationship.

If I am stubborn about it, I would be trying so hard to get into one already.

Maybe if I date and fail, maybe I'm not loving her enough.

HOWEVER, that's not the case.

If I date and I fail that relationship, we're not putting God first.

God is love.

I love God, and I follow Him.

His teaching is so intense that sometimes we may forget.

We go on our own ways of love, but His love is the greatest.

Matthew 6:3 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Michelle Lee, a Godly woman that used to be at my church, told me this verse.

I asked her, "Will I find the one whom I love there?"
Her reply, "Perhaps you will."

Corey Porter told the UBC C4C about seeking your significant other.

"While seeking His kingdom, you will probably find someone running with you. If you run faster than her, and she catches up to you, maybe that would be the best to ask her, 'Hey, do you want to do this together?' "

This goes to all the people who are not loved.

Put God as your first love today.

Remember His love for us, His sacrifice, and His grace.

That's the love of God.

We should ask this question to ourselves.

"How can be respond to that love?"

Happy Valentine's Day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment