Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13th

People might wonder why this date can be very disturbing and sounds uncomfortable.

They say that this day is their "unlucky" day.

Or they would say, "Jason is coming."

I'm not sure which one if correct, but knowledgeably, we know that this day is just another ordinary day.

I used to be frighten because of rumors, or maybe it's just like Halloween, but even more freakier such as an unfortunate events.

Now, lets settle and distinguish this matter once and for all.

First, Jason is not real. He's just a massacre in the movie.

Will he be hunting us tonight?

Absolutely not, unless we're too foolish to actually believe in a human/monster who can never die.

Second, is there such thing as luck?

Is it an objective or subjective morality?

Most of the people in this world would believe this world life we're living in chance or probability.

The chance of me dying right now is very slim.

What could kill me right now? Heart attack? Assassinated since there's a window in front of me? or maybe nervous system would stop functioning?

If I die right now, then does it mean I'm unlucky?

Absolutely not!

 I die of heart attack right now because I'm very foolish to take care of my own body, such as the fat nutrients that might clog up the vein.

It is very unfortunate to die though.

Unfortunate and unlucky does not mix in together, if you know your vocabulary well enough.

What if I get assassinated right now?

Does that have to do with chance?

 Maybe or maybe not.

We could calculate the chance of that assassin's accurate skill.

If I die, maybe he/she was "lucky" enough to hit me, but does that mean I'm unlucky?

We hear luck everywhere.

The lottery and good luck on your exam.

First of all, I think doing well on your exam does not mean you fluked out.

It's based on subjective view on how you did your exam.

 The knowledge and the amount of time you study determines what you deserve.

If I score 90% on a Math exam, that means I know around 90% of the stuff in the exam.

If we come back to God's view, then everything is God's will. I win the lottery is God's plan.

God has a plan for His children.

Once you receive and accept Him, you have already started a new life.

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Do not depend on luck to lead your life because luck has nothing to do with us.

You can't trust that this lottery ticket I'm holding will grant me a million dollar because you never know.

You can have hope in it, but that hope will probably fail you.

Put your trust and hope in God, and He'll guide you with His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment