Thursday, February 5, 2009

Friendship or Relationship?

Last night was the "Does God Exist?" Debate.
No comment.
One of the things we long for, most of the time, is relationship.
I'm not taking any references out from Soul Craving, but just my personal view.
Finally, after nearly a month, she finally appeared to me again.
In my heart, there is something I really want to tell her.
Loving, Responsibility, Caring...many others that has to do with love.
It's a difficult fulfillment.
Sometimes we really want to get into a relationship because it is part of our intimacy.
How can we change from want to need?
Want is for our own selfish persuasion.
Need is a survival matter.
God created Eve to be with Adam because He sought Adam being alone.
Genesis 2:18 "The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.'"
When I think of the word, Alone, does it not mean that we need someone already?
I can be lonely most of the times, even when I have a family to love.
When we strive or pursue for a relationship because sometimes we are shallow and sexual beings, does it not mean we want someone?
How can we put shallow and sexuality into a Godly use?
Sexuality immorality is not a Godly use, of course.
Read 1 Thessalonian 4 or 1 Corinthians 6:12-20 to teaches us how be sexual beings in a Godly way.
For shallow, meaning to prefer the proportion of a person's body, and wealth...that's all I could think of.
How can we not be shallow?
I went to a sermon at Coastal Church, and the speaker was a marriage counselor and a pastor, and he's also in a talk show on Television.
He listed 15 things on we can look at someone that, naturally I presume, attracts us.
It is ok to have 1-3 that doesn't apply to us.
My apology, I didn't copy them down and I can't remember all of them.
Appearance, Godly, Forgiveness...and yeah.
One of the things that stood out to be the most, was to pray for each other daily.
Many marriage had failed because we are not praying for each other.
That's what he said and I do agree with him.
I'm not going to preach on that, I'll come back to it in the near future.
Friendship is important, and sometimes we fail to keep our friendship strong.
I almost loss a good friend because of my selfish act.
For me, I know it is not the time for me yet.
I need to pray constantly for that person and hopefully I'll run into her again, as friend.
There are so much fulfillment I need to do, and that is, becoming what God wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment