Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Devotion

As I was reading the Book of Matthew, again, I stumbled upon many different events.

One of the key verses that really struck me was Matthew 7:21.

We're living in a world where hypocrites are just around the corner.

Even in church.

Believing is not enough to please God.

How are we with our relationship with God?

Ups and downs as usual?

Why do we have that ups and downs moment?

Yes, we're not perfect and we fall short.

Do I think that Jesus knows me well enough?

I do have a strong passion and desire to develop my relationship with Him.

Another verse that I flipped randomly in Matthew 24:36-51.

The time is coming, soon.

He's coming and He's going to end this world.

I'm not always prepare for it.

He's preparing His arrival, but He waiting for us.

God is love, and He's patient with us.

He doesn't want everyone to perish.

My family needs Him and my desire is to show them who God is.

They know Him, but they're not interested in Him or have the desire to know Him deeply.

They have been blinded by this world, such wealth and self-pleasure.

This world needs You, Oh Lord Jesus.

Please, have mercy.

If they DO have the desire to believe in You, then I ask You, Oh Jesus, to find them where darkness is surround them, just like what You've taught us in the Parables of the Lost Coin.

No comments:

Post a Comment