Monday, February 23, 2009

Arguments

Last night, I was listening to my brother arguing on the phone with a person - his girlfriend?
Today, during dim sum with my older brother and mom, they were arguing over the risk of the BC Housing Contract.
Does arguments ever solve anything?
Listening to my brother arguing with his girlfriend, I assume, makes me think of my future.
Will I ever have an argument with my girlfriend or my wife?
Arguing with each other pretty much hurts each others ego, if I used the correct word.
I imagined myself arguing with her.
It makes me feel very guilty as of a sudden.
Depending on the situation of the argument, it can be small or big.
If it's big, then we are in trouble.
However, can arguments ever solve a conflict between one and another?
I think it does because through my own experience.
The argument was pretty much between me and God.
It was the time when I wasn't a mature Christian.
I was in Hong Kong and my family decided to make me stay in Hong Kong for the rest of my life.
I yelled at God, "Why are you doing this to me! I hate what you've done!"
Like I said, I hated God when I was little, but only for a brief moment until I actually returned to Vancouver.
Problem solve!
Another example, I wanted to get into a relationship.
Being heart broken for two times, I wrestle myself and discuss with God.
Maybe not discuss, more like an argument again.
I was mad that God had put into a position where I hated someone causing me to be like all emo and stuff.
"Why God! Why can't you get rid of this feeling I have! Please I beg of you!"
Later on, things have been resolved.
Conflict can sometimes be a good thing, if it's going anywhere
But when a argument that goes nowhere, maybe there's a problem.
Furthermore, I talked to my mom about the house we're moving into this weekend.
I'm kind of worry, which I shouldn't be.
Hearing my brother and my mom talking about it causes me to feel uncomfortable in the future.
If we're screwed, then I'll probably be in trouble, and academically also.
Where shall we go from there on?
Talking to my mom about it is going nowhere, like seriously.
Her heart is very hard.
Why won't she just listen to me?
"Just don't tell anyone. Keep it as a secret. If they ask, then just lie to them."
"So you're thinking of cheating our way in?"
This is just ridiculous.
When I was listening, I totally agree with my brother.
The only thing I pity for my mom's word was this: "We have no choice. There is no other solution to do this. I'm all out of plan."
It's like writing a test.
I didn't study and I'm totally not prepared for what is going to happen.
I cheat my way through the test and I get caught.
What the heck is my response going to be?
I wouldn't say this would I?
"I have no choice. There is no other solution to do this. I'm all out of plan."
There is no way I could lie my through this.
What am I suppose to do when I'm worry about what is going to happen?
Jeremiah 29:11 and Matthew 6:34
To be honest, I'm actually not worrying about anything.
I know God will be there when we move to our new place.
I know I'm helpless when my mom has authority over me, but I know God may show my family something.
I don't care if it's good or bad because this argument will be solved.

1 comment:

  1. Hey tommygreat passion for integrirty and in retaining the values God has placed in you.Arguing goes no where... but on the other hand, placing all our worries to God and being honest in our prayers to God allows God's supernatural to work in our world.im studying life of moses at BSF and today's lecture showed the two groups of ppl arguingthe israelits arguing to Moses... consequences = God's anger burned against the camp cus they were doubting God's provision Moses on the other hand, instead of arguing back to the people, he turn to God in prayer (honest prayer.) and God heard his prayers and sent down his blessings. you should check out moses' prayers, they're very open and genuine... no barriers... just pure direct talk with God... sometiems a bit rude... but honest to God.

    ReplyDelete