Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st day of school in the year of 09

Since school was canceled yesterday.
I'll say that school officially starts right here, today.
The art of waking up early again is such a pain.
My eyes were tired and I didn't want to wake up.
But something, that shouldn't be spoken, woke me up.
Today is going to be a long day.
Perhaps not since it is going to be an introduction to the course.
Usually in the beginning of class, the prof introduces himself to the class and yapping on the course syllabus.
I took a glance at the Math 150 outline and found out that students are to take some diagnosis test to see where you are at in Math.
Hopefully I still remember some Mathematics in Math 12 and HOPEFULLY I'll score a perfect on that test...well it's only 5%
I wonder if it's going to be a pain to be away from home for another 12 hours...?
Anyhow, debating whether if I should follow my brother or not, but possibly going to bus there myself because I want to check if student loan gave me any $ yet.
I'm kind of worried, which I shouldn't be, about the loan because they still haven't transfer it into my account yet.
Anyhow, pray that God will lead and direct me.

Update on Campus
So I'm just sitting here for almost 1.5 hour waiting for my next class to start.
Each day feels like a depressing moment.
Perhaps it's just the weather condition...errr rain...
Every time the weather gets dark, I get pretty lonely inside myself.
It was cold and melancholic.
First class, which is Calculus, was at Surrey campus and the prof had an ascent.
He's Chinese and, seriously, I can almost not understand what he's saying.
It was so refreshing looking at numbers and learning about functions and math model.
Basically it's almost a review from high school Math.
I get very intimate with Math and somehow I love writing numbers and graphs.
So I guess the class is alright with the exception of the Prof's ascent and his teaching style...he's pretty boring.
I arrived at the Burnaby Campus and when I enter the Convocation Mall, it was kind of dark inside.
I went in to Maggie Benson and bought a Bubble Tea, oh how I crave the taste of Milky Coffee.
I encountered Joy and Jamie and sat with them for a while.
As we left Maggie, I finally noticed why the Convocation Mall is kind of dark.
It is because of the snows that are covering up the roof top...how silly of me.
So now I'm here killing some time and reading Soul Cravings.
It's interesting to read about the Intimacy that we crave for.
It's true that LOVE is very important in our human survival as indicated in the Psychology Textbook.
What is this thing? Why do we even have it?
As I kept on reading, Edwin indicated some points in which I won't spoil it for people who are going to read this blog.
Anyhow, so many things to do for the preparation for school!
Buying textbooks, paying my tuition fees(thank God that the student loan has arrived) and accessories.
Blogging seems to be fun again when I really want to rant about random things or maybe stay away from facebook.
Being a Christian is a GREAT life after all! but not an easy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment