Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Child of a Mother

I came back home from Flux BBQ at Willingdon Church. While walking back to my house, I saw my light turned on in my room. I was thinking, "hmm...I remember I turned off my light." When I got home, I found my mom to be in my room. She was sorting out stuff in my room and materials on my shelf. I felt frustrated and I told her not to touch my stuff. Everything on that shelf was placed there for a specific reason. Before, I told her not to touch my stuff; therefore, she should have known not to touch my stuff. I tried to keep it a gentle tone, but my tone was kind of on the rough edge of the spectrum. However, I did say "thank you" for caring and willing to clean up my room. Honestly, there aren't much messy parts in my room but just need to sort things out of where to put certain things.

When I saw her eyes, I saw myself to be a child of a mother who causes much disappointments in her life.

I wonder, how it would feel when my children do the same thing I did to my mother. To put myself on my mom's shoes, I would have felt hurt and disappointed. Knowing I want the best for my children, it turned out that I was wrecking their life. I definitely need wisdom and love to treat my mom in an honorable way.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, these thoughts that you're talking about here are really important.

    ReplyDelete