Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 22 – How have you changed in the past 2 years?

I have been in a "slacking off" season with blogging. For some odd reason, I couldn't sit down and quietly ponder the thoughts of the question being asked from the title. The title is begging the question to be answered, so I will do my best.

2010 - 2008

Spiritually, my walk with Jesus has increasingly grown for the past two years. As I think back, I used to be a little bit immature in my faith because I thought I was the "know it all" kind of Christian. I was stubborn and proud about myself, which is a sin that I am constantly repenting of. Derek Hill would challenge me to take the step of faith in going to Waterloo Project. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working with the C4C staffs in making videos and doing promotion. Practically, this allowed me to discover where God has gifted me. I did enjoy making videos, and I did enjoy focusing on the media department. This led me to do Interactive Arts & Technology at Simon Fraser University.

As an immature boy as I was two years ago, God shaped me as a man as I am today. God has put me through pain and trials that I had to suffer because it tested me to see if I could really trust Him that He will take me through the season of darkness. This trial had to do with a girl that I fell in love with, but later didn't work out. Nonetheless, it was also through the one year process and prayer that God is definitely at work in my heart to help me discover what it means to live a biblical manhood, although I am still learning and wrestling with it. Ultimately, it is not about me, it is about God.

My prayer is that I would continue to change and become more like Christ. Attitude is one of the areas in my life where I need to improve on or change, by God's grace. Finally, LOVE is definitely where I still need to be inspired by Christ. We love because He first loved us. Christ is my example and definition of love.

1 comment:

  1. The most difficult thing is to find a blog with unique and fresh content but your posts are not alike. Keep it like this.

    ReplyDelete