Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 19 – Disrespecting your parents

What does it look like when children disrespect their parents?

Rebel against the parents saying.
Talking back.
Whine.
Complain.
Rude
Manner
Hitting

I have disrespected my parents, specifically my mom, in many ways. I kicked her. I disobeyed her and did my thing. I talked back at her. There were moments she wanted to kick me out of the house.

Right now, sometimes I disrespect her because of selfishness although I am in need of God's mercy and grace to repent of that. To thank my mom for all that she's done. I am called to "honor my father and mother". Especially at this moment, I don't know what to do with my father. I barely even want to call him...but does that show disrespect...or just dishonoring God if I don't? I need guidance and wisdom in what to do about it.

1 comment:

  1. hmm.. ask God for help is the best way. Remember, " Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life... " ( John 14:6 ) This comes up in my head after i have read ur Day 19. *|(^.^)

    ReplyDelete