Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 14 – Your earliest memory

I have a lot of early memories, but I don't know which ones were the earliest so I'm going take some shots at it.

I remember the tears and pain when my father was disciplining me in a harsh manner. I have a slight thought of why he disciplined me, and that is because I wanted to play videogames desperately. My father hated people focusing so much on fun and games, and he desires us to focus on our education. Just to clarify, I don't mean he is a party pooper and doesn't want any of his children, including me, to have fun, but not narrow our focus on it. I assume that was the Asian culture.

Another memory was when we were in the "playland" (Hoi Yearn *Park*) in Hong Kong. My father didn't want me to ride the pirate ship, so I cried really hard.

Another disciplinary scenario...my uncle and his family came to my house. He humiliated me in front of my family and his family by slapping on my butt...don't know why. I probably did something wrong that time...I believe there was a reason for him disciplining me.

I remember going to the hospital with my mom picking my little brother from the hospital because he was recently born. Now that I think about it, I found it funny because I didn't know who that little dude was that my mom was carrying. I thought, "Why was she stealing a baby?"

Honestly, I have more earliest memory...maybe not during my infancy...but I'm just going to leave it at that. The passage of Scripture makes me experience the earliest memory of being in my mother's womb. As I read it, there is no mistake that God's plan is perfect, and that He has placed me here for a purpose.

Psalm 139: 13-14

"For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well."

No comments:

Post a Comment