Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 13 – Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.


Visit


Israel - After reading through the Bible and understanding the geographic areas (i.e. Jerusalem), I really want to get the sense of visually seeing the site myself. My friend from church went to Jerusalem this summer, and she had a wonderful experience. She showed me some pictures and shared her experience. I could recall what she said to the youth, "You know when you read through the Bible, the stories we read, the places that the people went to, it became more real when you are actually there. And you get to experience where the people went to." Also, Pastor Mark Driscoll, founder of Mars Hill Church, is going through the series of the gospel of Luke although he is taking a break at the moment. Every time I listen to his sermons, the IT teams would implement an opening video. The setting/background of the video took place in Israel, and Driscoll would explain the details of where he was and how it's related to the sermon he was preaching. Israel sounds like an exciting place to visit. However, my friend from church told me that she saw people holding guns almost everywhere, even kids too...so if I ever visit there, then I better anticipate death.

Tokyo - I went to Japan once when I was a little kid. Went on a tour bus, got to know a dude, but I don't know where he is now. Went to Disneyland and had a blast. Those were all childhood memory. The reason I want to visit Japan is because of the amazing technology advancement happening there. You could go and watch some videos in this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Diginfonews. I guess generally speaking, I just want to visit Japan, but specifically Tokyo. It would be difficult to find a church there. It is an unreached country (perhaps around 1% Christian in Japan).

Dubai - Located in Middle East. Perhaps the RICHEST CITY in the world. If you do not know Dubai, then google it and look at the image and you'll know what I am talking about. Did you google it yet? Yes? Do you see the INSANE architecture building? I thought so. That is why I want to visit there. Yes, I studied IAT233, and it was an insane course, but I learned a lot in terms of developing space, not building. Check out the Island...INSANE!

Move


Personally, I do not want to move to another place. I love Vancouver. However, if there is any place I would move, then that place would be Hong Kong. Globally speaking, I have the passion and desire to minister in Hong Kong. To spread the gospel and help the Chinese culture get to know who Jesus Christ is. Even in my own church, I questioned whether if the Chinese congregation knows what church means or what it means to be the church? Chinese is heavily grounded with culture...and I really want to understand how I could be sensitive to them. My prayer is that, by God's grace and empowerment of the Holy Spirit, I could impact the culture to help people come to know Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment