Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 05 – A time you thought about ending your own life.

I just came back from school...late...Right now it is 12:11am...and I am already late in posting this entry.

*sigh*

Today's blog is going to be very personal and expressive. I totally do not mind sharing with you my struggles in life where I had suicidal thoughts. However, today, I want to keep this blog very brief.

What is the use of ending your own life? To get rid of sorrows and pain that you're going through? To end the suffering in studying for school? Why? Breakup? Poverty?I thought so. Life is miserable indeed. Life does not seem to have hope. Life does not seem to be meaningful. Life seems very depressing.

I totally agree. We are living in a fallen world with total depravity. We are living in a fallen world of sin. People are doing their own stuff. You know what they say? "Survival of the fittest". Indeed, we are living in a cold world where the strongest will not care about the weak.

I felt life had no meaning...simply because I did not have a girlfriend (=P)...Being rejected numerous times. Oh well, that's life...and it does suck. Not until I met Jesus Christ. He gave me hope and meaning for life. Therefore, even though the world hits me so hard, I will persevere because of the Cross. School has been depressing me, and I do feel depress a lot lately, but I won't allow that to shift my focus away from Christ. If I end my life right now, then that means I do not have enough faith in Him. I am weak, but He is strong. He will guide me to an everlasting life. My hope is in Him :)

I apologize for not going deep enough today...simply because I am exhausted from school. BUT ONE MORE WEEK LEFT!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bro,

    Thanks again for the honestly. It's funny that a lot of what you right resonates with me. I think many of us have similar thoughts than you (maybe it's not necessary girlfriend, but it could be a better job, better degree, better home, better stuff, fill in the blank _______), but are too coward or ashamed to admit it.

    Christ is enough!! Praise Him that true life is found in Him (John 10:10)!

    Your brother,

    James

    ReplyDelete