Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Let's dig deep (Luke 3:21-22)

When were they baptized?
Baptism is in progress (being baptized)
What does it mean by “all the people”?  Who are they?
What was Jesus praying?
Jesus was baptized while the other were being baptized
What the descent physical?  Could the people see it?  “Bodily form” sounds pretty physical.
Someone saw the descent of the Spirit (but not Luke).
Happened before Jesus began his ministry.
Why
the dove?  In ancient near east, dove was a symbol of war.  Later Jesus
says, “I have not come to unite, but to divide” in Luke 12.

Who
baptized Jesus?  Was John the Baptist in prison during this time? 
Other gospels say John the Baptist did.  Luke writes in pericibes
meaning the chronicle order is not necessarily the same as the textual
order.  In the place in the text where Luke describes the imprisonment,
he sounds like he's talking about the future.

Voice came from heaven.  What does that mean?  Where's heaven?  How did people perceive the voice?
What does heaven looked like when it is “opened”?
God
is “well pleased” with Jesus?  How does that connect with the degree to
which he loves his Son?  God gives us grace, but Jesus doesn't require
grace from God.

Mark: Heaven is opened when Jesus came up out of the water.
Why did he put Jesus in a group of people (being baptized) rather than setting him apart?
Jesus didn't have his own private ceremony.  There was a lot of people there.
Baptism
was normal and happened often during messianic movements and Jesus'
baptism was normal until heaven opens.  Then Luke lists of his
genealogy.

Wow, I can never realize that reading only two verses can dig out so much questions.
In terms of school life, I really hate TECH 114, therefore, I have no good comment about it.
So far, school work is piling up - deadlines after deadlines.
God has been really good to me and I can never take that for granted.
I ask that He'll also bless others with the same experience that I am having.
No matter how difficult life could be, we could always turn to Him.
We should always turn to Him even though we're not in trouble.
This just came on top of my mind.
I want to list out one of my favorite Bible verse in each book.
That would be interesting.
I have been struggling with devotions these days and I am picking back up again.
Please do pray for me as I am continually working in my friend's life right now.
I can sense God is slowly working in his heart, although he does want to seek to be good and have good moral standards.
"Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an UNDYING love." ~ Ephesians 6:24

No comments:

Post a Comment