Monday, January 4, 2010

Clouds and Darkness (Psalm 97:2)

School is starting again today and I am totally not prepared yet.
One reason is that I'm not packed up for school.
Second reason is that I don't want to go back to school just yet...but oh well.
School is fun, hopefully.
Third reason is that I don't like my new backpack.
Have you ever thought that the teachings in the scripture were simple?
There are tons of those who are not Christians would say that the Bible is simple to understand.
Maybe perhaps they would say that the Bible is simply a whole contradiction to itself.
Don't by into these lies that the world is telling you.
As we read this passage, think about it is saying to us.
"Clouds and thick darkness surround him;
       righteousness and justice are the foundation of his throne."
Who's "him"?
Of course, it is God that the Psalmist is talking about.
If you have never ever gotten close to him, then you will never understand who He is.
Before I was a Christian, it was so hard and difficult for me to understand God's word...everything I read seemed like "clouds and darkness".
After being born again, or became a Christian, I am starting to understand His words...and wanting to seek and know Him more.
"Blessed are those who thirst and hunger for righteousness, for they will be filled." Matthew 5:6
Reading the book, "My Utmost For His Highest", it says, "The only possible way to have full understand of the teachings of Jesus is through the light of the Spirit of God shining inside us."
When I read God's word again and again, the words becomes flesh and real to me.
Jesus is always teaching us the same thing, but we learn something new from His words.
For Christians, I encourage you with this in 2 Peter 1:12-13.
"So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body."
For those who are yet believers, I believe the Bible is the truth and the authoritative word of God.
But it is written:
"The man(or woman) without the Spirit does NOT ACCEPT the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are FOOLISHNESS to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED."
Another word for discerned would be...spiritually DEAD.
There is hope for you.
We were all blinded by the sins of this world.
We all didn't understand God's word.
However, Jesus did miraculous things in this world.
He healed the blinds and gave them a new spirit that was once dead.
Why not take the time and consider where you are at your life.
I'll be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment