Saturday, January 2, 2010

Being Challenged

I almost had tears in my eyes.
Before I begin talking, I have to say that I am overwhelmed.
Foolish as always, but can become wise when I am being corrected.
For my whole years of praying to God and seeking His guidance and His will for both of us(her and I), I realized that I didn't even begin asking myself some BIG and TOUGH questions.
Last night, I was talking to her cousin about it.
Ridiculous as it may sound since he has never been in a relationship, he encouraged and challenged me.
See, he and I are good friends.
I met him two years ago and he's one of my good friends in C4C.
You can say he and I are already tight in some ways.
I haven't talked to him for a while, so I chatted with him on MSN.
I was asking him what he thinks about her and I being together.
First, he asked us why I want to be in a relationship. (and I answered him)
Second, what do we think about each other. (I remember we(her and I) vaguely answered each other)
Third, name him some practical signs that God has given me that it is her. (I don't know exactly but I did share it with my brother at church)
Overall, I need to re-examine myself.
His questions really challenged me to continue to build up and seek God's calling and answers for my future.
Really, it is God who can work inside of me.
I've been praying that God would continue to develop and prepare me for my future wife.
Now, I guess God is throwing me these things in front of me.
"I'll tell you what I really think, personally. Tommy, I want you two to be together. Down the line, some day. I really do want to see you two together. But right now, from what I know about you two, I REALLY DON'T KNOW. Because it seems like you guys don't really understand the magnitude of what you're getting into. I know this may sound kind of ridiculous coming from me (since I've never been in a relationship), but I've heard stories and testimonies from older brothers, and it is VERY VERY TOUGH. Of course, you have to take a step of faith."
I am truly blessed to be challenged so that I won't make or do any stupid mistakes in the future.
Thank You, God...for your awesomeness.
I ask for wisdom and clarity from You.

No comments:

Post a Comment