Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Alone with God

I read today's devotion on "My Utmost For His Highest".
As I was reading it, I was moved by the title.
So many times, I find myself with God, and with other people.
As some of you might not know, my house is noisy.
I really desire to find a place so quiet where I can be alone with God.
"He explains things to us as we are able to understand them."
"It is slow work - so slow that it takes God all of time and eternity to make a man or woman conform to His purpose."
I am not doubting God's greatness.
Slow or Fast doesn't matter to God's standard.
He can do whatever He desires so for us.
In this entry, the author is pointing out that we ourselves are difficult to understand.
We don't recognize how sinful we are.
Be humble, don't think that we all understand ourselves.
I'm still striving to understand myself also.
I am grateful that Jesus is continually teaching me how to observe and examine myself even more.
I, myself, want to understand what it means to be the man that God intended for me to be.
Get rid of the idea of being prideful because Jesus can't teach you or me anything if we are so arrogant and self-righteous.
"He will reveal numerous misplaced affections or desires - things over which we never thought He would have to get us alone. Many things are shown to us, often without effect. But when God gets us alone over them, they will be clear."
May be continue to find a time to be alone with God in His word and in prayer...mainly, in worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment