Monday, October 12, 2009

Distracted (Romans 8:5)

"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."
Ouch, that just hit me and my heart.
I have my CMPT project due on Wednesday, and I am still not finished yet...hoping to finish it by tomorrow at school 'cause they Linux.
I have a research paper due NEXT Wednesday...and I feel satisfied that I have written more than 100 words already.
There were so much time for me to do, but I got very distracted today and yesterday.
Distracted by...? Manga.
I am not an anime fan, and I don't often read Manga.
However, when I start a new manga, I get so into it that I could just read non-stop.
I think I understand how manga reader would feel...it get kind of addicting to know what going to happen in the next chapter.
Anyhow, yesterday and today I was using most of my time reading manga called Parasyte.
If I didn't walk into Sakura Media at Metrotown, then I wouldn't have noticed an interesting weird looking page cover of the manga.
What is so interestingly weird about it?
The page was like a freak of nature...and I was like woooooahh...that looks freaky and weird.
So I got plugged into that manga and started reading it online.
In just two days...I finished reading the whole serie...possibly the only serie.
Oh boy, I wasted a lot of time doing something that is meaningless while I could have been doing my research paper and writing my research journal.
There are quite a lot of mangas...and I only read few of them.
One of the them would be "One Piece"...started reading it during Waterloo Project...and it was addicting, however, have not finish reading it yet.
Anyhow, just to be more serious in this blog.
I wish I had used my time more wisely - time management.
I knew that I have projects, assignments, and paper to do, but I went and wasted the time that God has given to me.
Time is so precious.
God can take us away in just a snap.
I desire to use the time for Him and for His glory, not reading a trash of junks that has not much meaning to me.
I was setting my mind on worldly things, and I kind of went deep into it.
According to what Mark Driscoll said, we have the desire to worship something, but are we worshiping something that gives us full satisfaction?
Anyhow, I won't talk about this just yet.
The problem with us, Christians, is that we get so distracted...you name whatever they are.
Set our eyes on what is good.
Focus on where the Spirit is leading.
Today is Thanksgiving day.
It is NOT Turkey day!
Sometimes we are quite self-centered...thinking only about eating something good that gives us pleasure in our mouths instead of thinking what to be thankful for.
Understand what this holiday is about and why it is exist.
However, I don't think it is biblical to have this kind of holiday...not too sure about that.
For me, I want to give thanks that God has been gracious and good to me, and that He has given me a family to live in...
Best of all, He has given Jesus to ALL of us, and also another day to open my eyes in the morning and discover more about Him.
"Renew a steadfast spirit within me."

No comments:

Post a Comment