Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Another day to remember

My mom said, "Tommy, it seems that God is good to you. You have a wonderful mother, and great friends who care for you."
My mom said, "Tommy, when do you think I will retire? When you work, I will retire and study the Bible."
My mom said, "Tommy, I don't like how your nose is kind of bend, but I think God likes it the way He made it." (I think she said it)

It seems that relationship involves quite of long distance.
Jonny was in Vancouver and Phobelyn was in the Philippines.
Angel is in Langley(TWU) and Caleb is in West Vancouver.
Angie is in North Vancouver and Mike is in Edmonton.
Eliza is in Victoria(UVic) and Masao is in Vancouver.
Jason was in Philadelphia and Melissa was in Toronto...and now they are married.
Jessica is in Burnaby and Mark is in Saskatoon.

Funny thing about long distance...can also relate to our relationship with Christ.
Jesus was here on earth, and now He is in heaven ruling the world.
He is the king and the man who has authority over all things.
Just thinking about relationship with Christ, He is further than we could imagine, yet we could still have this intimate relationship with Him.
  He has already left us His number to call on Him, which is the Bible.
Everytime we read His word, we learn so much and know so much about God.
When we read the New Testament, we learn more about Jesus and the Father, especially the Gospel.
Us, the church, is His bride.
For me, it seems she is close to me(Physically), but seems distanced away from me(Relationship).
Christ is more oppose than that.
We may not see Him physically, but He is here spiritually and asking you to receive Him.
This is an invitation that Christ has made.
We can receive that invitation and start our relationship with Christ.
It interesting how we human always need a second thought before we initiate this relationship.
Why though?
Why is it that we don't want to initiate this relationship?
One of the biggest reason is that we are not ready yet.
Relationship with Christ and Relationship with person are somewhat common, but somewhat different.
It is more important to be more intimate with Christ before we get intimate with a person.
Christ teaches us how to love.
Christ the person who we can trust.
The Bible teaches us about relationship and what to do look for in a person.
Believe it or not, but the Bible gives us the full aspect of relationship.
Song of Songs is one of them.
Talking about this is already making my eyes watery.
But I was quite off topic.
I want to call you......
I want to know more about you...
This long distance really makes me miss you more.
Sometimes, I just want to give her up.
Perhaps I should just stop thinking about this.
Jealousy is already driving me insane.
My mind and heart is causing me to do something stupid.
Self-control...patience...be empowered by the Holy Spirit.
Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.
"You are not ready to be in a relationship until you learn how to not be in a relationship."
What Nathaniel meant was you got be learn how to be lonely and what it really is.
Lonely
Lonely..
Lonely....
Lonely......
Lonely........
I posted an entry regarding to this.

Hmm...*chuckles*...guess what my mind is thinking?
I want to say, "You are not fun. You are too busy for me. Maybe you and I can just friends..."
And Guess WHAT MIND! YOU ARE NOT SPIRITUALLY RENEWED!
SATAN! GET OFF MY MIND!
She is not too busy for God. She is amazing. She is gorgeous. She is devoted to Christ. I don't care what her profession of faith is, but I can see she is doing some big for God's kingdom.
I will honor her. I will respect her. I will care for her. I will be considerate to her. I will sacrifice for her.
MOST IMPORTANTLY WHICH ADDS UP TO THIS
I will love her just as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her.
This is what I call step of faith or stepping stone!.
I don't just say it, but I will do it by the power of the Holy Spirit because I am just a bloody sinner who needs God's teachings.
James 2:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment