Friday, April 24, 2009

The Five People you meet in Heaven

Today, I was at the youth fellowship or youth event.

Pastor Jason was leading an interesting message for the youth.

This message consist of some participations.

Pastor Jay read a novel called "The Five People you meet in Heaven", and the youth are to state what is biblical or unbiblical.

Later on, we watched a scene in a movie from that novel.

Then, the youth would debate whether heaven is physical or spiritual.

It is a debate between boys vs. girls.

Some youth pulled off some really good points, and some were just not making sense or off topic.

What is interesting about this fellowship, or every other youth Sunday School and Awana, Pastor Jason would always BLOW MY MIND.

He enlightens my thought on the word of God.

Almost all of the things he teaches, I learn something very new...very bright...very unknown to me.

I can tell that God is speaking through him...to show me something.

Some of the topics were the Geneology of Jesus, different writer of the Gospel, Galatians: Law vs. Grace, Mephibosheth, and many more to come.

Honestly, these are stuff I have never learned or understand.

Even today, I could learn a lot through youth.

That's why going to fellowship is very important, to seek something that might strike you......

Just like in Revelation 19:15.

Through Bible Study in C4C, I can learn something, but not striking.

There are some of the stuff I have learned from John Homenuke.

Most of the time, I am being reminded through the lessons.

Sometimes or more, I am being reminded in Ignite Weekly Meeting.

Most the time I am being enlighten are through Pastors.

Funny thing about being striken with the word of God is when I stare at Pastor Jason for few second...

In my heart or through my mouth, I would say, "You blew my mind or brainwashed me."

Anyhow, back to the title.

It is an interesting novel or movie.

You guys can read the wikipedia or other resources about it, but I'll give a little bit of detail of what this title is about.

Eddie, the protagonist, died in a freak accident when he tried to save a little girl from a huge "thing" falling on top of them.

After that, he died and that was a start of his life.
In the story, he was in heaven.

From there, he met five people in heaven who directed him to this life that he was living in.

Here's a question for all of us: Have you ever stared at the ceiling and wonder why we are living this kind life and why we live?

Here's the answer to Eddie's problem...I think.

Those five people, were the people who risk or "sacrificed" their lives to save Eddie.

Eddie didn't know a lot of things around his life and what happened.

But here's the interesting part of what my Pastor stated...or I can try recall what he stated...something along this line:

"When you make an interconnection with individuals, you will affect their lives through what you say, do,...whatever. Through these actions, you will make changes in their lives until they die."

This philosophy is true.

My youth leader, Vania, taught the youth(when I was in youth) about the things you say.

It is like a hammer hammering a nail on a wood, and you make a hole on it.

The hammering is what you say to the wood, and the wood would have a hole that would stay there forever.

So whatever you say to an individual, it can hurt them or encourage them or inspire them forever.

Whatever we say, we're already nailing a hole on a person's heart.

This novel is very interesting in some ways, but there things I can disagree, however we haven't fully know the story yet or finish the movie.

Life is complicated to handle.

There is no good reason to explain why we are living this kind of life until we get to heaven.

There will be justice of how you live your life.

In heaven, we will find our answers to our lives.

Just like Eddie, people saved his life through their sacrifice, and he didn't know about until he died.

He could have died a long time ago....btw he's a very old man when he died.

Pastor Jason ended this fellowship with this passage: Revelation 19:11-21.

Faithful and True.

With JUSTICE he judges and makes war.

Most of the time, I have trouble in getting right with God.

The things that happened to me in the past lead me to God.

I don't know the reason...I have no clue why I am here.

But if it weren't for Jesus, I wouldn't be here sitting and typing this right now.

So yeah, take a look at this novel because it is very interesting =)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment