Sunday, April 26, 2009

Giving your all, and I love you

You guys might be wondering about the title, "Woah! What is this guy going to blog about today???"

Today, I watched one of the old Chinese shows.

It was detective investigators or whatever the title is.

A daughter got kidnapped and the kidnapper was asked to give thirty million dollars in order to save the child.

The dad collected that amount of money and went to do the exchange.

However, the kidnapper didn't kept his vow.

Instead, he killed the father and still kept the child.

In my life, instead of being killed, I was saved.

There were few people who made an attempt to mug me.

The first time was a failure, but the second time was a big shock for me.

First time happened at Metrotown when I was playing my DS while walking.

Two little punks walked up to me and showed me one his knives and told me in a distastful language to give him my DS.

Ok, two little punks, at a huge mall with people around, what are they going to do?

Stab me on the back?

I quickly walked away and let them do whatever they want to my back.

Finally, I left them and I was shivering with fear.

It was pretty frightening when someone approaches you and demands money or something.

Second time happened during my mom's birthday...oh I'll never forget this XD

Going to Aberdeen at Richmond to buy my mom's birthday gift.

Two guys were standing on the side walk at the intersection.

One guy approached to me and "nicely" asked me a question.

Instead, he grabbed onto me and started swearing and demanding money.

Ever had that kind of experience?

I didn't got hurt or anything besides calling the police afterwards.

Guess what I did to escape this situation?

I give them what they demanded.

I was completely frighten.

I didn't leave the house for almost a week or so.

I told people in my prayer fellowship about this.

They prayed over me.

Skipping the details...ask me for more info if you're curious.

Reading the Bible and searching up some passages.

I ran into few verses from this experience.

Matthew 5:40 "And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well."

This command is hard to fulfill.

The Pharisees believed that they were "perfect" by obeying the laws in the Old Testament.

Here, Jesus shows more laws for Pharisees that are almost impossible to fulfill.

Anyhow, I actually fulfilled one of them.

It was tough going through this pain of agony.

But I believed that God did save me through that situation.

Jesus was always with me when I was mugged.

My older brother doesn't understand this, but I believe that you know what I am talking about.

If it weren't for Jesus's teaching, then I don't know what will happen during that situation.

I thought about fighting back, but I was too frighten and weak to do so.

I don't like to cause violence because that's not my personality.

I don't like to physically hurt people.

Genesis 50:20 "You(the people) intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."

Give your all to God and He will bring you out of trials.

This is part of the spiritual growth that we face each day.

Trials and more trials in the future.

God is challenging us as His children.

Read 1 Peter about suffering and Hebrews 12:1-13

 

Finally, you guys have been wondering about title.

"and I love you."

Guess what?

I do love you guys =)

Isn't hard to love your brothers and sisters?

It's not hard at all.

Express it out!

I love you.

Do it with actions and in truth!

HOWEVER, it is hard to love your brothers and sisters IF you don't know them well enough.

It is easy to say it, but it's hard to act it out.

I was talking to "One Cent".

Did a little bit of sharing and I gave her my testimony.

Not only did I gave her it, but she asked for it.

The point about this section is not mainly focus on 1 John 3:11-24, but more on how to know your brothers and sisters.

The verse I want to focus is one verse on that passage, and that is 1 John 3:18

This is a very hard topic to talk about...especially for me, but it is good to think about it deeply.

There are some people in C4C or my church who I don't know.

Does that mean I love them?
I could say I love them, but I don't know how to act it out.

I don't say I hate them because I'll be a murderer.

Ok, I don't know Bob in C4C...ok there's a Bob in UBC C4C...another name...umm....

Baby!

I don't know Baby in C4C, I can't say I love or hate that person, but I could take the initiative with love and gentleness and get to know that person.

I want to learn how to love Baby.

And then, I get to know Baby's general information.

Ok, can I say I love Baby.

Surely, I love Baby since I get to know him/her.

What I find it weird sometimes when I try to know someone better, I tend to get ignored, or maybe I am shy.

Well, for guys, it is harder to get to know our sisters in Christ better because there might be an awkward signal.

 So I tried and tried, I fail most of the time, but I still love my sisters in Christ yet don't know how to act it out.

It is easier for me to act is out around guys.

So what is an easier way to act it out on girls?

Through my experience with my wonderful sister in Christ at church, we get to know each other very deeply.

We trade secrets such as who we have a CRUSH ON.

OH now that is easy!

But I don't suggest that 'cause rumors might spread and....yeah.

It is hard to love someone you don't know very well.

I thought of another verse: 2 Peter 1:3

I don't know how to word things up, but we know that we all love each other very dearly.

We know and we can see.

God has given us Jesus to understand love.

He laid down His life for us because He love us.

"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers [and sisters]"

Timmy is signing out and God Bless.

 

PS: omgoodness it's 2:10am and I need to wake up so early for worship practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment