Sunday, April 5, 2009

Devotion

As I was reading Matthew 18:15-20, I was thinking back to a friend of mine.

I actually looked up to him as my model and a leader when I was in High School.

I also tried helping him through his struggles.

He was my youth leader.

But things will turn out different for a lot of people.

Leaders will stumble since they're not perfect.

We all need to pray for our leaders though.

I go to his house and sleep over.

We played chess a lot whenever I go over to his house.

I missed the old times.

I don't know how he became the person he is today.

I don't know how he's living his life right now.

Maybe because it was my fault?

I don't usually put blames on myself.

However, it was not me who does it, but the sin in me that does.

Satan uses anyone to mislead others and others and so forth.

I wasn't a developed Christian in High School until near the end of grade 12 where I knew God personally.

I swear in front of him and say unappropriate words.
I started dying my hair again, and he followed me...I guess.

I went to the arcade and I asked him to tag along.

All this were my cravings(wants).

I sin against him.

By the time I knew God, he wasn't my youth leader anymore.

I wondered why at first.

I realized that he shouldn't have done the thing that a youth leader shouldn't be doing to our fellow youth.

Due to the huge age gap between the youth and the leader, it is not possible for them to be dating.

After that, it was vice versa.

What am I suppose to be doing right now?
Sometimes I do stumble in front of him by saying unnecessary stuff that would hurt our friendship.

I really want him to have a revival in him.

I couldn't do it, but it's only his decision whether or not he wants to go back to God...asking God for forgivness, and repenting from his sins by not living a lie.

Maybe the reader would think I shouldn't blog this.

It may hurt that person.

Yes, it may.

I may regret it for hurting that person.

BUT I do not regret for posting this.

Perhaps although it is none of my business and it is between him and God, I still have the right to represent him by telling him the truth...the truth of his life.

We can't escape the truth can we?

Why bother living a dishonest life?

God won't find favor in those who does not repent. (Not Favouritism, but Christ living in us)

So, my friend, if you are reading this, do I consider putting you down or judging you?

Paul...uses a lot of rage of encouragement by telling the people in churches how to live properly...especially the church of Corinth.

2 Corinthians 7:8-13

"Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it - I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while - yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in anyway by us. Godly sorrows brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regrret, but worldy sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to cleary yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justince done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter. So even though I wrote to you, it was no on account of the one who did the wrong or of the injured party, but rather that before God you could see for yourselves how devoted to us you are. By all this we are encouraged."

I pray that you'll recover soon.

I pray that God will reveal His purpose and what your purpose in life is supposed to be.

Come back my brother, come back to our Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment