Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baptism

My Youth Leader asked me this on facebook.
"How are you guys? How's week 1 after baptism? Do you feel different? The same??? worse??? (hehe, Jesus spent time in the desert with no food after his baptism, that's not my definition of "fun"!) be honest now!!"
Baptism is our obedience to Jesus.
Being baptized is a good thing.
It is a start of a new life...a new born baby.
We don't get power or anything.
It's not like we are made clean and perfect after we get baptized, but only when Jesus take us back to His kingdom.
After Jesus was baptized, he went to the desert and was tempted by Satan.
He didn't fall into his temptation for He was faithful, listening, and praying to God.
Most of the time, after we get baptized, we might think we're wise enough to face the world.
After my baptism, I was arrogant, speaking in tongues which hurt my friend's feelings.
I don't think before I speak.
It's not until I encounter this verse.
Ecclesiastes 5:2-3 "Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in Heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few. As a dream comes when there are many cares, so the speech of a fool when there are many words."
I started slowing myself down while I talk so I don't say stupid stuff which creates conflict.
I still do, but very rarely.
I was like a baby who doesn't know what he's yapping about.
We are a new born baby for a reason.
God knows our weaknesses when we're babies.

We struggle to take our first step.

We fall most of the time.

Until then, we will stand and walk firmly, but still stumble 'cause we are yet perfect.

That is why we have Grace from God through Jesus.

God is so gracious and merciful that He knows our weaknesses and forgives us when we fall.

For those who are baptized, let us keep encouraging others in their walk with Christ.

For those are not baptized or going to, are you ready to take your step of faith in obedience to Jesus, and are you ready to be live a new life?

In reference, please read Romans 6 about baptism, and read the Gospel after Jesus got baptized.

1 Corinthians 3:2 "I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready."

No comments:

Post a Comment